Keeping the Name a Secret?

iVillage Member
Keeping the Name a Secret?
Wed, 12-28-2011 - 8:53am

Rosie Pope (maternity concierge and star of Bravo's 'Pregnant in Heels') recommends that you don't share your name choice unless you are ready to hear possible negative reactions.

'Pregnant in Heels' Star Rosie Pope on Baby NameTrends-http://www.ivillage.com/pregnant-heels-star-rosie-pope-baby-name-trends/6-a-337836?ice=iv:mb:msg:kp

Once you've decided on the perfect name, do you share it with your

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-09-2012 - 7:23am
Awww, I like those names a lot! /and long-winded posts rock. :)

Brie
#4 EDD 8/5/12

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-08-2012 - 10:48pm
Well with my 1st I did not tell anyone the name right away. I picked Trevor and sure enough, my sister due 3 months before me...stole it! I was too excited to be having a nephew I did not care though :) Besides, I never claimed it out loud. It was like her though...she's been stealing my clothes as long as I can remember...well until I got fat LOL! Once she took my name, I found Alton. So on all the baby shower games and even an early Xmas present my mom got for my son, there was Alton on everything. About 2 weeks before delivery, hubby and I ironically went to each other with a new name in mind...he had high lighted in a book Auden and I had written down a client's name on a post it...Auden! It's was too crazy not to be perfect! Everyone else said...that's different or where did you get that name? Today, everyone loves his name and it fits his personality PERFECTLY. He's fun, full of energy, and different in a great way! Everyone knows my Auden (Talon is he middle name) :)

My second, Emma (middle name LeAnn). I have always, always loved the name Emma. In fact a co worker had a grand daughter named Emma Jo and I loved it. Hubby said no to Emma Jo, but agreed to Emma. I had a great gma named Emma also, so it made even more sense :) I also loved the name Emily, but that wouldn't suit, so Lee for a middle name sounded good to me so she could be Emma or Emma Lee. Hubby's late mother was named Lori Ann, but I personally did not care for Emma Lori. It dawned on me I could at least incorporate Ann into her name. So that is how my princess got her name Emma LeAnn.

My 3rd baby is has an interesting names as well. I begged hubby for her because it was one year from my MC and I wanted another baby at any cost. That's a whole other story, but he told me he got to name her, especially because he did not have much of a say with Emma. He wanted to name her Anissa. Anissa was his EX girlfriend (his high school sweet heart's) sister. His EX g/f was ALMOST his wife. We have been together for 9 years and she finally got the hint he's not available just 2 years ago! So you can only imagine my dislike for this woman. I knew her sister, and her sister was very sweet, but not sweet enough for me to want to name my daughter after her. So his next choice was Shelby after the mustang. He is OBSESSED with mustangs like you have no idea. I was not crazy about the name but I figured it would grow on me. Shelby, like Alton was plastered on all my surprise shower things...being my 3rd who would have guessed I'd have a shower! Finally, I gave into Anissa because Shelby was just NOT growing on me. I picked her name middle name the day she was born, Faith. We call her baby Niss. She won't be the baby for long though :)

Considering our interesting name choices, I don't care much what ppl have to say. We LOVE our kids names. I just have NO IDEA what baby #4 will be named. I'm sorta going with a boy...Eyan maybe? I would like an E name since the 1st and 3rd are both Feb. babies and have A names. Em is an April baby and this baby will be an Aug. so A months...even though that has little relevance, but I'd like to have a pattern of some sort I guess, so another E name would be appropriate. I like Evan too, and since Emma is original, I may stick with another original E name and go with Evan. Besides Evi makes a good nick name. Hubby is Robbie, I'm Niki, Audi, Emmi, Nissi, and Evi all go with the flow LOL

P.s. Sorry for this long winded post!!
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-07-2012 - 8:06pm
With my other 3 we didn't find out the sex so we had a few of each sex picked out and we kept it to ourselves. We are going to find out the sex of this one so will pick out a name or two and we will keep it to ourselves.