Learned an important lesson today...

iVillage Member
Learned an important lesson today...
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 5:15pm

DON'T GO TO THE GROCERY STORE WHEN YOU'RE HAVING PREGNANCY CRAVINGS!!!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 6:17pm
Hehe, unfortunately that doesn't always work for me. I'd been having a craving for Lucky Charms for a while, a week-ish I think, so when I walked by the BIG box in Costco, guess what I grabbed :D But I'm not craving them anymore, lol.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 6:58pm

I have 3 kids so those sweet cereals are something we normally have on hand. I did go through a Lucky Charms, Twix, and Cookie Crisp phase there for a bit myself. You know though, of all the things to indulge in, cereals are good -- they're all fortified with vites, and, you're probably eating them with milk, too, right? So much the better.

We do baked chips anymore -- even hubby has gotten hooked on baked Cheetos, which is saying something since he shies away from anything remotely healthy. I do crave the salt & vinegar kettle chips from time to time. I try not to go overboard.

I think a few indulgences aren't too bad. Not like you're going to eat like this all the time. All things in moderation. Just up your fruits and veggies tomorrow. :)

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 7:52pm

You think I would have learned this lesson by now...but I've done this EXACT same thing many many times. My cupboards are full of crap that I feel like for a minute and then don't eat again. It's bad.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-17-2012 - 5:42pm

Ladies next time you're munching down a craving and enjoying every bite have a huge mouthful for me.

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-18-2012 - 2:25pm
LOL, don't order pizza for your entire family when you're having a pregnancy craving either.

I did that last night, and although it was pure perfection to me, they all hated it. Oh well, more for me ;-) I got papa johns with green olives, tomatoes, and mushrooms. It was heaven, not something I would normaly order, but it was everything I dreamed it would be and more.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-18-2012 - 6:14pm

That is hilarious! That's how a craving is, though, right? I had been wanting a cherry icee all day yesterday, and when I finally got one, it was the best icee I'd ever had. Oh, and I would have loved your pizza! :)

I'm a huge veggie pizza fan. Decided last week to make my own using a Boboli crust, and put broccoli, cauliflower, green peppers, red onions, sliced tomatoes, and mozarella on it. So I sauteed all the veggies together first in olive oil (exept the tomatoes), then just dumped that on the shell -- no sauce mind you. Threw on the tomatoes and then a good amount (more than I needed) of cheese. I swear, it was pure heaven. And, hubby absolutely loved it and he doesn't like anything unless it's covered in a sauce. I'm making it again tonite.

I do the same thing with my eggs. I love veggies, and I'll put whatever I have on hand into scrambled eggs. It grosses out the kids, since they wouldn't dream of putting asparagus or brussels sprouts in their eggs, but I love that stuff. The more veggies, the better. :)

And now I'm hungry, so I should make that pizza!! :)

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-18-2012 - 7:24pm

Both those pizzas sound so super good to me!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-19-2012 - 2:28pm

You know what I discovered are kickass?

Photobucket