Lunch Ideas?

iVillage Member
Lunch Ideas?
Fri, 01-13-2012 - 8:41am

Hey ladies... I pack my lunch to take to school with me each day and the last two days I've had to throw my lunch away because it grosses me out in some way so then I eat some saltines and a granola bar and end up hungry and that's not good. So I'm looking for ideas of what has sounded good to you all. Maybe I'll get some ideas of things I haven't thought of yet. I'm also having a hard time eating protein because most meat makes me gag. Any ideas?? Thanks everyone!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: kbeth85
Sun, 01-15-2012 - 6:23am
I had no idea about the BPA... apparently is in the lining of cans -- and not just soup. Tuna, pastas (like ravioli), tuna, beans, tomato products (because of the acidity -- breaks down faster in non-BPA lined cans, as does anything with too much acid), beverages (Coca Cola is apparently a HUGE offender).

Couple that with the sodium, and I'm thinking I won't be having much canned anything. We do all frozen veggies for the most part anyway, but we do have quite a few canned goods in the cupboard.

I'm making stew tomorrow. I think I'm going to find a few more soup recipes while I'm at it and starting making them from scratch. God bless the crock pot!

Brie

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8

Pages