Mommies with new babies -- check in and update us when you can!

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Mommies with new babies -- check in and update us when you can!
Fri, 08-17-2012 - 8:48am

I know everyone is probably busy with their little bundles, but give us an update when you have a moment. We want to hear all about how you and your precious babe are doing! :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member

We are doing well. Mason was up to 8 lbs 13 ounces at his 2 week appointment (from 8 lbs at birth.) He is nursing frequently still and is a good little baby. We have been busy with registering the kids for school and getting them all ready to start. We will be going to visit family in AZ on Monday for a week. I am praying that goes smoothly. Then Dan starts back at school the day after we get back and the kids start back on the 4th. I am hoping to get some studying in while the kids are off at school. I want to try to take my board's exam before going back to work, but since I am only taking 6 weeks, that is going to be tight. So things are going to get a lot more crazy around here very soon. I have enjoyed taking it easy these last few weeks. it was much needed. That is about it around here.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
You're amazing, 4 kiddos + brand spanking new baby and you're nursing and studying for your boards exam. Phewwwww girl, I'm worn out just reading this! You go!

Photobucket
iVillage Member

Don't feel too bad for me. I have been a total bum these last few weeks and I need to get motivated. DH always does so much for us. I am really spoiled. It helps that he is just going to school and not working (well, not financially, but for the household and kids). In fact, just having to work and not go to school is a HUGE relief for me. I am so glad to be done I feel like I can handle anything. I really want to start exercising, but haven't gotten up the courage to do anything but go for short walks right now. I guess I am a little afraid of over doing it yet. Mostly just getting in my cuddle time while I can. It goes so fast!

Photobucket
iVillage Member

Sounds like you have things under control Brie. You sound like a super woman! Sorry about the thrush and meds. That is no fun. Hopefully she gets over that soon. Mason hated his first bath too, but fortunately he liked them after the first. I don't remember any of the kids liking baths for the first few months. Not one of my favorite chores. Good luck with going back to work. Hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Aw Brie! You're a super mama! Lookin good, feeling good, got work all worked out. Zoe is one blessed babe. I'm glad Libby will be there to help you out. That is a HUGE relief. I'm a little terrified about how all the ends are going to meet when I go back to work with running kids to and from activities, nursing a babe, home schooling and working ;-) We shall see how it all goes. You sound great. I'm so happy to hear it.

On another note, have you thought that maybe Zoe has acid reflux? My second baby had it, she spit up ALL the time. They can give you drops and if it is acid reflux it will change your life because she'll sto upchucking and be a lot less fussy after meals. Just a thought.

You're doing such a great job!!!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
My milk finally came in, which makes me happy. Also went and saw an LC today and go figure that he latches just fine, nice and deep, pain free for me (minus the actually latching pain). We get home and he won't do it :smileysad: Oh, and he had a weight check today, because of the whole not latching thing. He was 8lbs 11oz at birth, down to 8lbs 1oz on Wed (2days old), up to 8lbs 7oz today (4days old). We're still trying to figure out the nursing thing, but if he won't latch, I pump and give him a bottle. Speaking of, he takes 2oz every 2-3hrs, so its no surprise that he's not entirely happy with just BFing.

Quinn is still a little over-exuberant about being a big brother and wanting to be carried or held a lot more now. Kinda expected the slight regression, but a funny one is that he wants a glass of milk every time Sean has a bottle :smileyhappy: Sometime he gets one, sometimes not, it depends on if someone is able to get him one, i.e. whoever isn't feeding Sean.

I can't wait until Monday when DH is back at work and Quinn is back in daycare for the day :smileyhappy:
Photobucket
iVillage Member
WOW, you're beautiful!! You totally don't look like you just had a baby. I love this picture, you look radient!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Yeah, I've decided to stop trying to BF. My mom asked me a very good question this morning, Why do I want to nurse? The answer, I don't know. I'm a happier momma when they are bottle fed, I can get some sleep by handing them over to dad for a few hours and at night until he comes to bed sometime between midnight and 2am. Sean is a hungry boy too, he took 3oz this morning, so he's taking 2-3oz every 2-3hrs now....... I'm going to pump about every 2hrs while I have my rental, then I won't worry about it. So he'll get some breast milk at least.

Might have to look into that, or setting up several small cups of milk for him in the fridge that he can grab whenever. If it has milk in it, it has to have a lid on it because that and water are the only things he's allowed to take into the living room now. Any thing else is in a cup in the kitchen without a lid.
Photobucket
iVillage Member

Hi Girls!

I missed you!

Baby Max and I are doing great - although they measured him to be 20 inches in the hospital, I knew he was bigger since none of the newborn clothes that fit his sister (who was supposedly 21 inches) fit him. Today he's measuring 23 in - makes much more sense. He's been eating a lot, sleeping relatively well (3 hour increments). We had one night when he slept for 5 hours - awesome!

Here he is yesterday - I took this picture for the birth announcements.photo.JPG

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Johnny was up to 8#10oz at his two week checkup. We have ventured out quite a bit, as necessary with 3 other kids. School orientation, shopping, football and soccer practices, etc etc etc.

He is doing so well. Nurses great, he's a real chow hound. He's over 9lbs now, at three weeks today. Johnny is so cuddly and sweet and laughs and laughs and laughs in his sleep.

He goes back to the doc next week. First shots at 2 months. He has had his first bath, and stayed relaxed and happy through it all, dangling his foot over the side into the water. He loves to be worn in my mei tei, doesn't really like riding in the car, but if he has my 5yo daughjter's finger, then he calms down. Oh, and he survived a week long visit from my in-laws, enjoying being passed around.

His whole face smiles when he looks at me. He truly shows how much he loves me! I'm obsessed. To put it mildly.
Photobucket