Mommy Getting to Know You!

iVillage Member
Mommy Getting to Know You!
Thu, 01-26-2012 - 10:01am

I think there is an earlier version of this somewhere, but we seem to be getting lots of new mommies lately, so I thought I'd start a new one.

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-30-2012 - 4:23pm
nice!! you lucky girl!
 IAmPregnant Ticker<
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-30-2012 - 3:41pm
Jennifer
August 22, 2011
suprise
SAHM
craving healthy foods and sometimes salt
green apples make me sick
Have just told our parents and one close friend
no pets
pizza
no
my dream job would have been an actress
I love all kinds of rock oldies to new ones and of course cold play
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-30-2012 - 3:27pm

Name? Dana

EDD? August 18

Was this baby a surprise or planned? A HUGE surprise.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-30-2012 - 2:19pm

Name? Leslie

EDD? 08-24-12

Was this baby a surprise or planned? A little bit of both, we were planning on trying this summer, but we weren't proventing either.

Are you a...SAHM or work in/out of the home? SAHM

Are you having any cravings or is there anything you cannot eat right now? I'm not craving too much, but I'm having trouble with chicken. I can't see it raw at all.

Who have you told so far about your pregnancy? Everyone

Do you have any pets? English Bulldog, and cat

If you watch...what is your favorite reality show on TV? Gold Rush

Your favorite food (either in general or when pregnant)? Chicken Marsala

Do you have any tattoos or body piercings? tongue pierced

What is your dream job? I'm doing it, Mommy!

What is your favorite band or genre of music? I guess Pop would be the genre. No real specific band.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-30-2012 - 5:38am

Hi, Megan!

I don't think wanting to be a SAHM is cheesy at all! :) I did it almost solid from the time I was pregnant with our 1st until our 3rd was 4 years old, with just a stint as a student/employee for 2 years when Libby was little. So, about 11 years. While there were moments that were challenging, overall it was really the best time of my life. There are days where I miss it so much, just having the flexibility to do whatever we wanted when we wanted to. Not having to budget time for appointments and museum and zoo trips. And with being pregnant, it would be soooo nice to have more time to rest. I'm just spread too thin these days.

But alas, we need two incomes anymore with the three children and the fourth on the way, and really, I love my job. Now, if I didn't work from home, I'd probably figure out a way to be a SAHM again. I'm lucky that I've got this gig, for sure. :)

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-29-2012 - 11:06pm

Name?

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-29-2012 - 10:12pm

Name?

Photobucket
Than
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-29-2012 - 5:08pm

Hellooo!!!

Name? Megan

EDD? Aug 29th, 2012

Was this baby a surprise or planned? Surprise!!

Are you a...SAHM or work in/out of the home? I work outside the home, but I would like to be a SAHM after the baby comes, but if that's not possible due to finances than I'm hoping for part-time work from home

Are you having any cravings or is there anything you cannot eat right now? I've been craving milkshakes. There are a few smells here and there that turn me off but nothing too bad

Who have you told so far about your pregnancy? Our immediate family and some close friends, we will spread the word to everyone else after our ultrasound on the 16th!

Do you have any pets? No :( but we would like a dog eventually!

If you watch...what is your favorite reality show on TV? My guilty pleasures are the Bachelor and Survivor, otherwise we're HBO people!

Your favorite food (either in general or when pregnant)? I love Indian food!!!!!!

Do you have any tattoos or body piercings? Only my ears are pierced, I've always wanted a tattoo but can never decide on what or where

What is your dream job? As cheesy as it is, I've always wanted to be a SAHM, who maybe volunteers or works part-time when the kids are older. Hubby is a writer so finances are not always stable, so we'll see how it goes!

What is your favorite band or genre of music? I love all kinds of music, ranging from classic rock or folk to pop and hip hop! Whatever fits my mood

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-29-2012 - 12:37pm

Yes! Yesterday was Nick's Birthday in fact.

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-28-2012 - 5:54pm

Name? Chelsey

EDD?

Photobucket

Pages