My glass is half full!

iVillage Member
My glass is half full!
Sun, 03-18-2012 - 10:57am
20 weeks today! Kim and Brie, and bananapeel - happy 20 weeks too! Looks like Sarah, MyBee, Nikki and LaDawna have hit this big milestone too. Congratulations!

Do any of you mark this occasion with anything? A shopping trip? A milkshake? For us, it was a high five and a woo woo, woo woo! And then a moment of shock that 4 kids will be ours for the raising once we head through the next 20w.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-20-2012 - 7:01am

I think that's just it -- living our own pregnancy! I like that, and am going to try to do it.

I'm glad your hubby is hands-on, too. OTOH, I love that he's warm for my form. It's a good thing he loves me pregnant since I keep doing it! LOL. But other times, I'm just like, Dude. Enough. LOL. But, it's all good, right? This too shall pass. :)

I'm nervous about my appt on Thursday. I know I've gained, and probably a damn lot. And it's not that I'm going to worry that I've gained more than the average bear or anything, but I'm used to being thin. I love my pre-pregnancy clothes. I want to be able to get into them again someday, so every pound up that's not for the baby, well, that's a pound I've got to work my ass off to get off of me. I'm trying to keep it all in perspective, but at only half-way there and looking very big, I'm just mildly freaking out.

Maybe I should just eat some Peeps to take my mind off it for a while. ;)

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-18-2012 - 3:15pm
Awwww, your our cherry on top. Being 8/31 is a treat in and of itself.

Brie, I'm also feeling large. I'm up probably close to 30 lbs already. But thats typical for me, so I'm trying to live my own pregnancy and not anyone else's. It is challenging, but hey... I feel good and my man any keep his hands off me so it can't be that bad, right? ;)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-18-2012 - 2:23pm
I was feeling accomplished to have hit 16 weeks...I feel so behind everyone since my due date is 8/31.
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-18-2012 - 2:15pm

Pretty great to be half-way there, isn't it? I didn't intentionally celebrate, but I did upgrade to an iPhone yesterday, so we'll just call that my half-way there present. :)

I suppose I could take a belly shot today. That may be appropriate. But I'm feeling huge, and I think I'm so much bigger than some other mommies close to this point... a bit depressing, but then we're all different so I'm trying not to judge myself on anyone else. It's challenging, though!

Happy 20 weeks!

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-18-2012 - 11:06am
I'm right there behind you at 19wks 1day today. Prolly won't be doing anything to celebrate getting half-way there. Might do something to celebrate once we know the gender, most likely going through every thing I've kept from DS and re-deciding what I want to keep (or can keep if its a girl,lol).
Photobucket