Need suggestions!!!

iVillage Member
Need suggestions!!!
Thu, 01-19-2012 - 8:05pm

So, I want to come up with a creative way to tell my high school students that I am pregnant.

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-20-2012 - 12:09am
Take in a jar of Prego spaghetti sauce and make a game out of what this jar has to do with you. Maybe give clues or something...or sit a pacifier on top of the jar. That's the best I got LOL. Sorry I couldn't think of anything more clever. The hangman is a neat idea...but I don't know what you could say besides "With child" or "Expecting" maybe "Expecting a baby in Aug."? Best of luck, please share what you do because I think it's cute :0)
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-20-2012 - 5:01am

I did a quick google search on this, and one suggestion I found was creating a crossword puzzle... you could make the clues all baby related. Or, if you're really clever, create a puzzle where first letter of each answer will spell out a message. You can find a lot of places online to make puzzles -- just do a search for it. (discoveryeducation.com or puzzle-maker.com).

Good luck! Let us know what you decide to do!

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-20-2012 - 1:41pm
Just popping over from the Sept board and saw this.... I used to be a teacher, and I think this is a really cute idea! I like the idea of hangman or another whole-group activities so everyone will see the reveal at once. Hangman could say "Mrs. ____ is having a baby!" or something along those lines.... you could also make it a getting-to-know you charades game where everyone acts out one little-known fact about themselves and the class guesses what it is. You could go last. Or, similar idea, you could do two truths and a lie.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers