Need support/reassurance from BTDT moms with 2+ kids

iVillage Member
Need support/reassurance from BTDT moms with 2+ kids
Sun, 12-04-2011 - 11:33pm

Ok, so I was over the moon when I saw that instant BFP test, especially given our history of having to conceive through IUI.

pregnancy
iVillage Member

Thank you!! Wow--7, what a lucky number. :)

pregnancy
iVillage Member

First take a deep breath.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thanks for the response. :) I am feeling soooo much better now than I was just a few days ago (well, mentally and emotionally--physically, the morning sickness has started creeping in). I think because it was a surprise pregnancy, it took me by surprise, so I didnt' have time to process and plan like I did when we were trying and trying for our first.

DH and I have both gotten to the place where we're really excited, and even though it's early, the planning has begun. :) I'm sure I'll deal with #2 like women have been for generations. I mean, what is 2 when women raised 4, 5, 8, 12?! LOL.

I'm sure you'll do great with your third. It'll be crazy, but it'll be your crazy, kwim?

Meanwhile, we'll enjoy the next 9 months, right?

:D
Crystal
pregnancy
iVillage Member

You'll be fine, it wasn't until the 2nd started crawling and they started fighting over toys that things got a little harder.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
I'm having a bit of that "oh snap" moment myself right now...you are not alone in that feeling!

That being said, I personally found going from 1 to 2 kids *so much easier* than going from 0 to 1. You're already in 24-hr mommy mode, ya know? My two oldest are 2yrs 3 months apart, and I found that a good age difference because my oldest liked to play independently, and could "help." He also started preschool the following fall (2nd child was born in Dec), so I had time alone to bond with my 2nd after that, which was nice.

A parent doesn't divide their love. It multiples. Words to live by.

Hope this helps, Crystal.

Nikki
Photobucket
iVillage Member
I wish I had some comforting words, but instead I feel exactly the same way! My DD is a little older, but I just can't fathom at this point how I will manage to take care of 2 children as well as I've been taking care of one. And I work outside the home as well, and money is always tight here too...I am so, so, so excited, but I am also worried and scared. Looking forward to some reassurance.

Jenni