Nikki....need your help!

iVillage Member
Nikki....need your help!
Mon, 07-30-2012 - 3:30pm

Okay, so I'm going back and forth about cloth diapers. I really want to give it a try this time but don't know where to start. I know there was a discussion some time ago, but can't find it. I'd just like some advice so I can find a starter kit of some sort to give it a trial run before spending a lot of money on a bunch of cloth diapers. Thanks so much for your help! Janet

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-30-2012 - 10:04pm
Hi Janet,

I'm using CD's too, and the best resource I can give you is the DiaperSwappers.com forum. Those ladies are infinitely helpful, and they can steer you towards a starter kit or similar. There are lots of sites that will rent you a sampler so that you can both try them and figure out what's right for you.

For me, I'm using pre-folds with covers, and I'm using a diaper service, at least for the first 3 months. After that, I may wash my own. We'll see!

Good luck!
pregnancy
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 9:32am
There are quite a few trial packs you can get. Cottonbabies, Jilliansdrawers, kellyscloset and other websites have trial packs so you can try different types. If you're on Facebook, there are several buy/sell/trade pages where you can begin building a stash relatively inexpensively. Keep an eye on your local Craigslist too.

I actually don't like diaperswappers. I find it to be a difficult forum to follow, especially for a newbie to cloth.
Photobucket