No Morning Sickness?

iVillage Member
No Morning Sickness?
Tue, 01-03-2012 - 10:33am

Am I the only one that isn't experiencing any sickness or nausea? Am I the luckiest woman in the world or should I be worried? I was pregnant once before and it ended in m/c. I wasn't sick with that one either, so I'm starting to think it may be a progesterone deficiency or something. Am I just being paranoid?

I'm almost 9 weeks and I do have other symptoms; horrible fatigue, increased appetite, swollen/sore breasts, bloating, gas, weight gain. I'd love to hear from anyone with a similar experience. Thanks.

Expecting baby #1 August 8th 2012! It's a girl!
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-04-2012 - 9:53am

This will be my third baby, and I haven't ever experienced morning sickness or even nausea.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-04-2012 - 9:03am
I'm only 6 weeks so it might still be early for me, but I've only had sensitivity to smell and a runny nose, and I think I'm starting on some exhaustion. With my second pregnancy the ONLY 1st T symptom I ever had was the runny nose, but then I more than made up for it with physical pain in the 2nd and 3rd T :)

Having no obvious symptoms is both a blessing and a curse because you're terrified the whole time that something has gone wrong!
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-04-2012 - 8:39am
With my 2nd, I don't recall ever feeling nauseous, and with my 1st, I think my M/S was slight. For me with my 3rd and this pregnancy, I do believe it's the progesterone supplement making me feel so poorly, but as has been said, everyone is different, every pregnancy is different. I think you're just lucky! Enjoy it!

Brie
#4 EDD 8/5/11

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-04-2012 - 1:04am

I have had very little nausea. It seems if I'm starving or overly full I don't feel so well, but that's it. Don't feel nauseated by any particular food, kinds of food, smells, sights of food, etc. I am quite bloated, my breasts are tender, though that has decreased a lot, and I get an indigestion/heartburn type feeling when I eat more than a small meal. That's about it. I'm a little more tired than usual, but nothing bad. I was earlier on though. Because of my lack of symptoms I was freaking out and went in to the Dr. and they did an u/s just to check. Everything looked good. Baby measured 9w4d (just as it should), good heartbeat, and he/she was moving around. The midwife said I'm just lucky and to count my blessings! The Dr. reassured me that a lack of nausea does not mean there's a problem. Best wishes to you!

Jenni

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-03-2012 - 4:20pm

I've had pregnancies where I've experienced no morning sickness, and then this one where I feel like I'm a walking, nausiated zombie.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-03-2012 - 12:32pm

Every woman has different symptoms and even different intensity of symptoms.

Photobucket