not happy

iVillage Member
not happy
Tue, 12-20-2011 - 2:24pm
I'm pregnant with my second child and I am not happy or excited. I'm depressed and sad and feel guilty that I can't find any joy over this baby. It's the complete opposite from my first pregnancy. Things are different now, but I just wish I could b happy. It worries me that I won't have a strong connection with It. Anyone else feel apprehensive or blue?
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
In reply to: kidsteacher
Tue, 12-20-2011 - 4:27pm

Hi,

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-20-2011 - 8:38pm
I am sorry that you are feeling that way, and to be completely honest I felt the same way with one of my children. Now, I couldn't imagine life without that child. Things will change, just hang in there and reach out to good friends and family to get you through this rough time.

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-21-2011 - 11:38pm
Hey there,

Don't worry about it!! At this point, it's probably still a big surprise (assuming this wasn't planned), and you're super-hormonal/emotional. I felt a LOT of anxiety when I first found out, mainly because we weren't trying either (but weren't preventing--just sort of letting nature run it's course, but long story short, due to fertility issues first time around thought our chances of natural conception were close to 0%).

I'd second what the PP said...you have a lot of time to wrap your head and heart around this. You also have a lot of time to plan. Try not to jump directly to when the baby will be here if that stresses you out. Remember that you have allll those months in between to take steps to help set yourself up.

I have a sneaking suspicion that by the 2T, you will be feeling a lot better. And of course, that's what these boards are here for--to help you find moral support! Good luck!! :)
pregnancy
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-22-2011 - 2:08am
I agree with pp...it's just all new and you are hormonal. I'm sure as time goes along you will build a connection an you will, without a doubt, love your child.

Jenn (28) & DH Zach (28)
Married 9/24/2005

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-22-2011 - 9:12am

I agree to give it time. These things have a tendency to work out. We are expecting #2 and we were trying... so we were very happy to find out that we're expecting again. However, we are very nervous about it as well... mainly for financial reasons. But I figure everything will fall into place. The first tri is a tough time in general. There are a lot of emotions and you're not feeling well... which can play into what you're feeling now.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-22-2011 - 4:15pm
well I have been contemplating abortion so I don't have a lot of time to play with.
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers