Pacifier Problem!!

iVillage Member
Pacifier Problem!!
Sun, 12-02-2012 - 1:28pm

Alby's favourite pacifier is the second one we ever gave him, the Gerber Natural Flex, but they are not being sold anywhere anymore!! I can't even get them online because they're either overpriced ($40 for 2!!!!) or won't ship to Canada :( After hours looking online, I found a company that has something VERY similar, they're the Nuby Natural Touch line. Totally same idea, it's the soft ring around the nipple that makes them so great, they're bouncy and flexy and keep the plastic away from baby's face. The nipples are a different shape, but I think it's the texture and the bounce when sucking that counts, and they've got 2 or 3 nipple shapes to choose from (oval, cherry and orthodontic). But of course, I cannot find these anywhere either!!!! I don't know what to do now, I've been trying some other kinds to see if Alby will take them, he'll take the Playtex Binky, but it's got the hard sheild and he visibly doesn't like it as much. The other ones he just spits right out. I desperately want to get him more of the ones he loves, the 6 he has now are all starting to look pretty worn on the nipple and he's had them for 2.5 months now, so we need some fresh ones!! Does anyone have any suggestions? What pacifiers work best for your LO's?

Gerber Natural Flex:

Gerber First Essentials 2 Pack Natural Flex Pacifier, Colors May Vary  Gerber First Essentials 2 Pack Natural Flex Pacifier, Colors May Vary

Nuby Natural Touch:

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-03-2012 - 10:12pm

We just use the Nuk brand. We used them for our first and our using them again with Josh. Neither ever complained about them. Sorry I can't be of more help!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-03-2012 - 6:48am

I wish I had any good advice -- Zo refuses to take a binky, even though we tried from the day she was born to present -- we used that same turqouise one, then found a couple just like it but with a different shield (not round, but more like a smile shape I guess you'd call it, all one piece). She's got a few Mams, too, but doesn't prefer them either. I keep thinking if she'd take a binky maybe she woudn't eat so much, right? Maybe that's got nothing to do with it, though. Will had a bink from day one and he was a chunk, too.

Good luck. Lib and Will loved their binks and I know it would have been pretty awful for us to not have been able to get the ones they liked.

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Sun, 12-02-2012 - 9:38pm
Yes, that was the first one we had given him - he seemed to like it ok, but I don't like that you can't attach a strap to it for when he's in the stroller etc. He's not very good at keeping them in his mouth, especially when he's fussy and moving around.

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-02-2012 - 8:09pm

My other kids liked the Soothie nuks so it is the only kind we have given Mason....

Philips Avent Soothie Pacifier  (0-6 Months) - Green

Photobucket