Picture for the Nursery

iVillage Member
Picture for the Nursery
Sat, 03-10-2012 - 7:17pm

Here is the wall art that I'm basing our nursery on. This is a picture my mother handmade for my nursery. I need suggestions on wall color, decorations, etc... I don't even know where to start with this one!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-11-2012 - 9:53am
That is precious! Are going to find out the gender of the baby? I saw in a magazine yellow and orange walls, it was SO cute and practically the same color as in this picture. You could honestly go with anything because there is is much color, you could go with red, yellow, blue, or orange. I really like the idea of yellow, but I love yellow as a wall color.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-11-2012 - 6:32pm

We are going to wait to find out the gender. I was thinking a pale yellow or orange wall, but some other friends have suggested a light grey, as well because of the grey bunnies in the picture. It's going to be a tough call! We're not going to decorate the room much. I'm more concerned with just figuring out wall color at this point. If I find any cute wall hangings with owls, bunnies, birds, etc... maybe we'll see if those might work. I need to start searching the internet and pinning :)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-12-2012 - 8:49am

My first thought was gray, but then I wondered what color you'd use for trim since you're not finding out the gender. I suppose just white maybe? Or, yellow with orange trim (I'd probably opt for soft colors, in the same shade of the primaries). You could take the picture to Lowe's or whatever, have them match all the main colors and then at least have that out of the way for when you're ready to tackle it. Maybe find the wall hangings first, then paint based on what all of it looks like together?

I agree with Chelsea -- you have SO many options here. Such a sweet little picture. :) Cannot wait to see it when you're finished!

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8