Post-Baby Weight Loss

iVillage Member
Post-Baby Weight Loss
Thu, 01-03-2013 - 9:46am

Staring at the scale in shock? Knock it off! You just gave birth, and despite what the glossy tabloid mags would have you believe, getting back in shape takes more than a few weeks -- even for celebs! (See which star mamas have a healthy attitude about losing the baby weight here.) If you're ready to start your slim-down, here's what you need to know to get back into shape without going insane.

Ready to Lose the Baby Weight? Here's How to Get Started- http://www.ivillage.com/ready-lose-baby-weight-heres-how-get-started/6-b-310192

How are you doing with post-baby weight loss?  Are you following any specific diet and/or exercise plans to lose weight?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-21-2013 - 8:54am

Hi ladies!

My weight dropped back to almost my pre-pregnancy about 4 months after I had the baby. I went down to 119 lbs (I was 115 before I had him). And then, I don't know what happened, it jumped back up to 123 lbs. I haven't changed my diet, I exercise moderately a few times a week, yet I haven't been able to drop a single pound. I have no idea what's going on. I'm bloated and constipated all the time (I eat a lot of fiber and drink water, so that's not the issue). Any ideas?

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-04-2013 - 9:16am

That's awesome, Megan!  I love your attitude about it all too.  Getting back to your regular routine and not stressing so much about any weight you want to lose is a fantastic way to go about it all.  Breastfeeding can help so much too!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-03-2013 - 1:35pm

The weight loss I feel is going surprisingly well! I'm not actively trying or doing anything extraordinary. I think getting back into my workout routine... 3 to 4 times a week usually and just eating normally... and the breastfeeding... all has played a part. 

I'm back to my normal weight at about 150 lbs. My ideal weight (which I got to when I seriously watched calories) is 135. So 15 lbs to go to get there! I'm not overly stressing over it though!

Photobucket