Pregnant mommas -- how is every little thing?

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Pregnant mommas -- how is every little thing?
Fri, 08-17-2012 - 8:49am

Update us when you can on how you're doing! :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-17-2012 - 1:35pm
I just posted this down on the appointments tab but figured I'd stick it up here as well ;-)

So I'm still 3 cm and 50% effaced. Boo, I was hoping for more progress. The baby is sooooooooooo low I literally feel like he/she is going to fall out. I'm seriously walking like I have a bowling ball inbetween my legs. Sometimes it even hurts just to stand. She said that's normal being that this is my 4th baby in 6 years that the muscles just aren't holding baby up the way they should so all the pressure is in my pelvis. I want this LO OUT! I have a 2 year old who is taking advantage of the fact that mommy can't run and catch her the way I used to be able to.

My sister, who is going to be at the birth, doesn't work at all this weekend. It would be AWESOME if baby decided to come tomorrow. It would be super easy for my mom to come and get the girls, super easy for my sister to pop down here, and DH wouldn't have to worry about work. Here's to hoping baby comes this weekend!!!!!!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member

Won't be long now! Can't wait to hear how it goes. Hope you have your little one soon. I felt like I was toting around a bowling ball too the last few weeks. It made working nearly impossible. It felt like he was trying to come out of my urethra. Weirdly, he wasn't very low when I went in to be induced. Though I could swear he couldn't get any lower. So glad to not have that anymore.  3 cm is a good start. Crossing my fingers for you!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-17-2012 - 3:19pm
Had my 39.4 week appointment today. I'm only a 1 cm dilated. I'm really frustrated and feel like the baby is never coming out. I was hoping that since was my 5th baby it would want to come out early, but I guess not. I didn't want to go overdue with this one since my other kids start school soon. I'm also tired of being hot and irritable. Have an appointment next week to talk induction if the baby isn't out by then yet.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
I hear you with the irritable part!! Oh my goodness, my poor girls right now. I feel like a fire breathing dragon some days. It's not their fault at all, I'm just so big and sick of picking up toys from the ground and breaking up arguments between them. Ugh...GET OUT BABY! ;-)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-18-2012 - 2:00am

Crossing my fingers for you this weekend Chelsey!

I feel absolutely the same... no changes, no BH contractions (at least that I know of), no feeling of baby dropping, but I'm only 38 and a bit weeks so far, so I can just keep waiting!! I'm sleeping more this week, well in shorter intervals of a about 1.5 - 3 hrs at a time, but I'll stay in bed for 10 hrs each night (thank goodness I'm not working!!) only getting up when I have to pee or am thirsty. And today I had a 2 hr nap as well, so I guess it's good that I'm getting lots of sleep!! Heartburn, hip aches and "lightning crotch" are my only complaints really, which I'm thankful for! And I'm craving steak and salty things :smileytongue: so eating some more protein!

Wait wait wait!....

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-18-2012 - 2:55pm

Doing good here! Ready to go but okay with baby staying in there until he/she is ready. I am a teacher and start back at school this Monday :smileysad: I just can't get motivated to do anything school related because all I want to do is nest and think about baby things! But hopefully I will only be there for one week, but I am planning on working up until the day so it could be two weeks. I've been at 1cm the last two appts. No contractions I guess....I wish I would feel one so I would know what to expect. Soon enough I'm sure...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
iVillage Member
With my first baby I didn't have any contractions until I was in labor. With my second I had them ALL the time and ended up going to the hospital 3 times thinking I was in labor, the third time I had them sporadically the last week. I've always dialated weeks before the baby actually arrives, so in my case, there is NO way of perdicting labor. It just happens when it happens.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 11:35am

As I am just reading these posts today - I had to LOL a bit since Chelsey did have the baby this weekend!!  :smileyhappy: 

As for me, I've had some nausea that comes & goes and would like to just sit in my chair all day and do nothing, but otherwise I am feeling pretty good.  Emotions are running high at my house - we have a lot happening this week, so everyone is excited & nervous & anxious, etc all at once.  DH is freaking about the house being clean enough (not so much for the baby - but for visitors!!), my oldest is worried about starting Kindergarten & about losing her tooth either while she sleeps or while I am in the hospital, and the youngest is worried about who will take care of her while I am gone.  And I am worried about it all!  LOL!  I believe everything will fall into place - but hard not to think about it all!  I'm sure this is not uncommon!  (sorry for the vent - didn't realize that was coming out!)

Photobucket