Question about "feeling pregnant"

iVillage Member
Question about "feeling pregnant"
Mon, 02-06-2012 - 8:32pm

Hey Ladies! Hope everyone is doing good! So I have a quick question for you BTDT moms out there. Did any of you go through a phase where you didn't really "feel pregnant"?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-06-2012 - 11:42pm

Everyone is different - but it is common for your symptoms to start fading at this time.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-07-2012 - 6:35am

I get where you're coming from, because I don't feel very pregnant right now either. My boobs are killing me and I'm exhausted, but other than that, not much else going on. I think it's just that little lull between being sick and feeling the baby move. And, given that this is your first, that lull could be quite lengthy.

Hang in there. I promise that there will come a time when you long for this brief space of feeling somewhat normal. Try to enjoy every moment of this relative calm. :)

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-07-2012 - 9:50am
I'm about 13 weeks and about where you are with how I feel physically as well, just with added boob painfulness. Even though this is my second, I don't really feel pregnant right now. I'm still wearing my regular jeans, my appetite is fairly normal for me, nothing is super different. But I know it will go away when I start having to rubberband my pants :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-08-2012 - 12:49pm
I am at about 12 weeks and I have noticed that my nausea is starting to ease up quit a bit. Even though this is my 2nd child it still makes me nervous, its just that natural fear all women get during early pregnancy.
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-08-2012 - 2:27pm
I totally understand how you feel. Right about now is when the m/s finally eases off, and you aren't really in the waddle mode yet. My first pregnancy was twins, so this is my first "normal" pregnancy but I can tell you even with them about 10-13 weeks I didn't really feel pregnant. Now with this one, the m/s is starting to ease off, but my belly has instantly remembered what it has to do when I'm pregnant, so I'm showing pretty good. Hang in there, you'll start showing soon and feel a few bumps and kicks. :D
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-12-2012 - 9:29am
I'm right there with you!! I was lying in bed this morning feeling around on my belly and couldn't feel anything......all of my u/s have been fine and I have another appointment tomorrow so that makes me feel better, but it is nerve wracking!!!