Question about shared nursery.

iVillage Member
Question about shared nursery.
Wed, 03-14-2012 - 1:30pm

Our daughter and the new baby will be sharing a room in our new house. While it is a big enough space for them both, I am having problems deciding on a "theme" that will work well for both children. We should find out in a couple weeks what the gender will be with this LO, but even if it's another girl I don't really want a girly room. We've found themes for the baby that we like(mostly ocean themed) but aren't sure how to make them work with our daughter. So for all you moms that have been here before, any advice?

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-18-2012 - 11:00am
I like Sara's ideas. Very cute!

What kind of colors do you like? More muted, or primary? You can do a circus theme, a vintage alphabet theme, a park theme (bikes and swings and birds and trees).
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-15-2012 - 9:30am
Is the ocean theme under sea or at the beach? Because I was thinking if its at the beach, you could find (or make or paint) pink (or her favorite color if she has one) beach blankets, umbrellas, flip-flops. Sand toys are making there debut in stores already, maybe you could find some girl oriented ones and re-purpose them into wall art/hangings. Make some out of this world starfish by letting her pick the colors, I'm thinking something like a drawn/painted tidal pool. So those are my ideas, HTH some.
Photobucket