Question about yardwork...

iVillage Member
Question about yardwork...
Wed, 02-22-2012 - 9:45am

I know a lot of you aren't even thinking about this given that it's February and cold in a lot of places, but here in Texas it is so freakin' warm, and I've got to get outside and deal with our yard. We've got to rake leaves, trim hedges, and mow like whoa.

I also need to trim around everything, and I have a sweet gas-powered trimmer I use. Have any of you ever used one while pregnant? I'm concerned about the vibration (I'm still tingly 20 minutes after trimming, LOL). I've looked online but cannot find anything definitive. I'm going to call my nurse today and ask if it's ok, but wanted to see if anyone had personal experience. Libby mows, so that's not an issue. I just need to trim. She's never done it and quite honestly, I'd prefer to do that myself.

TIA!

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-23-2012 - 5:24pm

LOL - the boys couldn't handle it. It's fairly heavy, about 15 pounds, and they don't remotely have the upper body strength. They're wisps of boys.

Had doc appt today, she gave me the go-ahead, but wants me to wear one of those masks -- she's more concerned about fumes. But, I wear goggles anyway, so what's a mask added to it? And, total trimming time would probably be under 20 minutes. So, not too bad, and wouldn't have to do it too often. :)

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-23-2012 - 1:20pm
What Anabelle said!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-23-2012 - 9:26am

Well, I have no idea how to answer your question. I'm an urban apartment-dweller myself.

Expecting baby #1 August 8th 2012! It's a girl!