Round ligament pain

iVillage Member
Round ligament pain
Mon, 01-30-2012 - 6:16pm

Does Round Ligament pain get worse with each pregnancy?

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 11:30am
I've heard that it does get worse each time! I was horrible with my 2nd and not terrible this time, but I'm definitely getting the pains when I change position.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-31-2012 - 10:18pm

I can't say that it's worse... but the pain did seem to start for me earlier. It only happens when I move suddenly (flip over to my side during the night when sleeping, or when I sneeze especially from a laying down position). It was worse probably the first 8 weeks... but it's been less of a problem recently because I tend to prep my stomach now before sudden jarring moves.

I had totally forgotten about that pain during my last pregnancy! But I got a quick reminder in just a couple short weeks after my positive pregnancy test!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-30-2012 - 9:11pm
I've had a few stabs every once in a while too :( For me it seems like with each pregnancy I get them earlier, but it seemed like with Violet it was the most painful because my muscles were still tight at that point and had less stretching to do. Now they're just untoned and useless and stretch just a little at sudden movements. Sneezing while laying down is hell.