Sawyer is here

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Sawyer is here
Thu, 08-09-2012 - 6:26pm
So sorry I didn't post sooner...the wifi at the hospital did not work well with my phone... Baby Sawyer was born 8-7-12 at 3:50 pm weighing 6 lbs 6 oz and 18.9 inches long!! He is just the sweetest thing! Will post pictures and more detail later on...just got home from the hospital this afternoon!

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 1:49pm
Yay!!! Congrats and welcome, Sawyer! Love his name.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-12-2012 - 3:37pm
Oh my goodness! He is precious! I've always thought of the first 3 months of a baby's life as the 4th trimester and I always just hold them all the time. I don't know if that is the "right" advice, but it's just what I've always done. Hugs to you mama, enjoy your little guy, he sure is a sweetie!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-12-2012 - 10:27am
My DS was like that too, its one of the reasons I was unsuccessful at BFing him. I couldn't care for my self, so I couldn't care for him properly either. I got a wrap to wear him with when he was about 3 months old, and soooooo wish I had gotten it sooner. This little boy is practicality going to live in that wrap for the first few months this time around. I'm going back to school full time in 2 weeks, and I figure its the only way I'm going to be able to nurse, do homework and care for my 3 yr old.

So long story short, I was trying to say, you might look into babywearing as an option :smileyhappy:
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-12-2012 - 12:56am
Congratulations again on your son. He's so cute!!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Sat, 08-11-2012 - 11:22pm
Oh he's so beautiful! No wonder, his Mom's a total hottie :smileyhappy:
Glad you had a good experience with L&D. Hubby was funny with his grooming :smileyhappy: Mine did the opposite with my DD- drove like a maniac (I blame Hollywood and their super fast labor stories in movies) and I kept yelling at him to 'stop at Dunkin Donuts and get me a damn blueberry muffin' :smileyhappy:
As far as Sawyer being clingy- at this point he's way to young to be doing it as a calculated thing. Too early to spoil him. After Julia was born she'd suck on my titty for about 1 hour at a time. Nurses were like 'u can't be her pacifier' and I was like 'screw it- she's my baby and those things are hers whenever she needs them'. Sure enough a few days later she'd go longer and longer in between feedings and didn't need me as much. She would fall asleep in her Moses basket by herself without a peep. The reason why I didn't want to let her cry herself to sleep was that I found out what the term for it was. 'Learned hopelessness'. I will teach No little infant of mine to give up hope that I'll be there for them :smileywink:
Again- congrats! And now that ur a Mommy- you'll just know what your kid wants and you'll make the best decisions for him.
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Sat, 08-11-2012 - 9:34pm
Congrats can't wait to see pics :smileyhappy:
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-11-2012 - 8:04pm

Where is the picture? I can't wait to see him!

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 9:05am
Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy for you! Can't wait to hear details! Congrats!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 8:01am

Congratulations!!  Can't wait to hear the details - when you get a chance!  :smileyhappy:

Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 1:43am
Yay! Congrats! Post pictures soon (the placeholder in my mind shall remain a tiny version of Sawyer from Lost until you do :smileyhappy: ).
 BabyFetus Ticker

Pages