Second trimester, baby!

iVillage Member
Second trimester, baby!
Sun, 01-29-2012 - 9:34am
So sometime this week, or even today according to some websites, I'm officially in the second tri! Woot!

Who all is 13 weeks? And those who aren't, when do you start your second tri? Have symptoms eased from the first trimester?

I've got my energy back, and am feeling super!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-29-2012 - 9:55am

LOL -- I posted something about this, how not everyone identifies the trimesters in the same way. I think I'm calling next Sunday the beginning of my 2nd tri, but I don't think it matters too terribly much. :)

We're due date buddies. :)

I am still just generally exhausted. I cannot sleep past 4-5am most days, regardless of what time I go to bed (and lately, it's really early -- before 8pm some nights). I'm ready for a nap every day by lunchtime. It's sad. I don't recall being so tired with the other 3, but maybe I was. And, every now and again I get nauseous. Nothing dreadful, but not particularly pleasing. I hope I start feeling somewhat normal again soon.

My house looks like hell. I need to enlist the help of the children for sure. And, I have to find the energy to iron shirts for hubby today. I just don't have it, but it needs to be done.

I am jealous of your energy, but happy for you nonetheless! w00t!!

On the plus side, I swear that I feel the baby moving a lot during the past couple of days. It still doesn't seem possible, but there's no other explanation for it. So, that's very cool. :)

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-29-2012 - 10:04am

I thought the second trimester began on the first day of the fourteenth week?

Expecting baby #1 August 8th 2012! It's a girl!
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-29-2012 - 10:13am
Like I said, different websites say different things. I have one app (baby center) that says it starts during this week. Another app (sprout pregnancy app) says today. I googled, and there are 3 different ways of calculating trimesters. So it all depends in the info. My point was, it's happening "around now" and goes everyone feeling? The exact - Bam! - moment is just semantics.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-30-2012 - 12:30am
According to my *new and improved* due date (July 29), I am officially in the second trimester TODAY. By my old one, it would be Thursday (or so). And unfortunately, my stupid morning sickness is STILL HERE. Ugh!! Double ugh!!!

Energy is better, and the nausea is not as bad as it was all the time (just between meals, or if I go longer than 90 min without eating), but I'm still not feeling that delightful "golden trimester" feeling that I got with my DD. To make matters worse, tonight my SIL told me that with her second DD, she was sick for SIX MONTHS of the pregnancy! I can't take that! I need to feel better already so that I can be more productive.

Here's hoping it happens sooner, rather than later...
pregnancy