Sharing Your News

iVillage Member
Sharing Your News
Thu, 12-22-2011 - 2:56pm
Have you shared the fact that your expecting with family or friends yet or are you waiting for a specific time? Plan on telling anyone over the hoidays?

Jenn (28) & DH Zach (28)
Married 9/24/2005

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-22-2011 - 3:00pm
I got my first bfp on Thanksgiving (an entire week sooner than I have even gotten one before in previous pregnancies!). We waited a couple days, retested, and then blabbed to the world. It was a good Thanksgiving day present. :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-22-2011 - 3:00pm
So far it telling many people. My sister lives with us and we are very close so I told her right away and I'll tell my BFF when I see her next week because we started TTC at the same time and she's due in May! We kind of have to tell my MIL because she is the manager of my OB office and I don't want her to find out accidentally by seein my name on a schedule. Other than that I Prefer to wait until I see a heartbeat and know things are looking okay! I will be about 12 weeks on Valentines day and that nay be a nice day to announce it =)

Jenn (28) & DH Zach (28)
Married 9/24/2005

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-22-2011 - 3:14pm

LOL!

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-22-2011 - 10:08pm

I would really like to wait until after my first appointment in January. I lost my last pregnancy in July, on the day we announced we were pregnant to my husbands family, so I’m very apprehensive to let anyone know too early. We’ll be with all of my husbands family over the holidays so it might get interesting. The most noticeable will be the fact that I'm not consuming any alcohol. There were questions floating around over Thanksgiving and we were in that in between stage where we didn’t know, so I know there will be questions this weekend as well. I just want to get through these next few weeks and get good news from my doctor.

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-23-2011 - 8:45am

Janet -- hearing you talk about the alcohol thing reminds me of my situation! We don't plan on telling anyone for awhil but we had my folks over for dinner last night and of course I didn't drink anything and we have lots of meals planned in the next few days so I'm sure by the time I get around to telling them they'll have already figured it out! So unfair....with both my sisters I knew they were pregnant b/c they weren't drinking. Not that I drink very much but usually always have one when we get together as a family so it's a big clue.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-23-2011 - 11:54am

I hope you make it through the holidays without having to tell anyone, its still so early. I've always been very adamant about waiting until I hear a heart beat and I totally let my guard down with my last pregnancy. My MIL is the worst about checking to see if any of the girls are drinking, so I know she’ll be on the look out for sure. I went as far as having my husband buy non-alcoholic beer and then I put it in a tall cozy so no one knew it was non-alcoholic! Same with me, I usually only drink when we get together with family.

We are also getting together with friends for New Years so that will be an obvious red flag when I'm not drinking.

Best of luck to you and let me know how it goes! Merry Christmas and Congratulations! ~Janet

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-23-2011 - 1:42pm

We told our girls today :-)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-23-2011 - 1:46pm

Too funny, I went over to my parents the other night and my dad and my brother were having a beer and my mom wasn't.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-23-2011 - 8:26pm

DH and I are still trying to decide if we are going to tell family this weekend or not.

Photobucket
Than
iVillage Member
Sat, 12-24-2011 - 5:57am
Lol, I'm lucky, I do get along with MIL mostly so her working in the OB office isn't so bad. We could wait to tell her because she is very professional and wouldn't say a word if she saw it, we just won't think that's fair to her!

I would SO b called out on the drinking any other year but we lucked out! My cousin who usually throws our big Christmas bash for my moms side (who are, quite lovingly, functional alcoholics, lol) just had a baby and wasn't uP to doing it. And we do Christmas eve with MIL and Christmas day with my dad, both who don't drink!

ChellygotAbelly- that dream is TOO funny! Lo

Jenn (28) & DH Zach (28)
Married 9/24/2005

Pages