So I think I may have to go to the hospital...

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
So I think I may have to go to the hospital...
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 9:25am

I'm really not happy about this, but I think I need to see someone and get checked out. I'm having ridiculous pain in my abdomen, my uterus, I think. Not cramping -- this is not at all like that. If I push anywhere on my lower tummy, I almost climb out of my skin. From standing to sitting is also painful, as is any movement while sitting (like if I turn to the side or something). If I sit still, I'm mostly ok. But you know, sitting still isn't something I get to do a lot of.

And, it just started last night. Up until then, my recovery had been amazing. I've been feeling great. Haven't been overdoing it, though I did go grocery shopping yesterday and brought the groceries into the house. Cannot imagine that that would hurt me, though.

I'm going to call my doc this morning and see what she says and then go from there. Maybe I can just see her tomorrow.

Not happy about this. I'm 18 days postpartum and this is just stupid. :smileysad:

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 10:58am

Glad you seem to be feeling a little better.  But take it easy on yourself!  Even if you feel fantastic (which is great!) - don't let that fool you - that baby just came out a few weeks ago!! 

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 3:55pm
I can relate about feeling "so not postpartum," but I think we have to remember that we are still just a couple weeks from having had a baby, and everything is shifting back into place and healing, so it's important to both listen to our bodies and make sure we act on anything that seems out of place. Hopefully it's nothing, but good that you're getting it checked out. Like a pp said, I've had some severe pain that was quick, and it was definitely gas-related. So weird--I had barely any gas while pg, but since having the baby, I've had lots of tummy upset and lower GI track discomfort. Darn bodies!
pregnancy
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 9:57am

Yikes, definately get it checked out and please keep us posted.  Is there any way to get a hold of your O.B. on a Sunday?

Expecting baby #1 August 8th 2012! It's a girl!