Stepping down as CL

iVillage Member
Stepping down as CL
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 5:29pm

I need to step down from my CL role. My husband, a Marine, will be leaving for 6 months, and I'll simultaneously need to sell our house to move to our next duty station. All with four small kids. On top of that, my bulldog, who is my "firstborn" and my heart passed away two weeks ago, and I'm completely overwhelmed with life and grief. I hope you understand.

Take care,
Nikki
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 3:13pm

So sorry Nikki! Sending healing vibes and extra strength! You can do it all, you birthed a baby all by yourself, you can do anything!! :smileyhappy: Check back when you can and keep in touch! :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 3:18pm
Thank you guys. Yankee was my whole world. Those with pups as BFFs know what I mean. He was my first born, in my life before the kids and the man. So hard.

On a happy note, Johnny is doing amazing! He's nearly 7w old, laughing and smiling. He is a great, loving baby and I'm more than obsessed with him. He's nursing great, sleeping good, enjoying his siblings, and happy w life.

Another happy note, my 2yo potty-trained. Woo!

Now - to figure out how to keep my house show-ready with 4 kids, a dog (our mini schnauzer) and no husband.

I need to come here and catch up with everyone. You've all been on my mind, in between my moments of grief.

Do we have a Facebook group yet?
Photobucket