Team Green Roll Call

iVillage Member
Team Green Roll Call
Fri, 03-02-2012 - 3:25pm

As I see these gender announcements, I'm starting to feel torn!!! We found out that our first would be a son. I want to wait for a surprise at birth with #2, as we're planning on it being our last. But I'm not sure I can do it. I need some encouragment as I head toward my U/S appointment. I need to hear from the green team moms... who's waiting and why? What's so wonderful about waiting???

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-06-2012 - 8:37am

Team pink here and I'll second the over-buying. I've bought entirely too many 3m and 3-6m clothes already (no NB since I tend to have big babies). There's no way Zoë will wear all of these outfits unless I change her clothes everytime I change her diaper, and maybe then not even. I've got a serious problem here.

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-06-2012 - 8:26am
I agree about the shopping thing. A newborn baby totally doesn't care if he or she is sleeping on a yellow sheet, wearing yellow clothes, using a yellow binki ;-) You can always shop after the baby is born. Plus, you always seem to over buy if you know the gender ahead of time, at least I did.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-05-2012 - 8:26pm
Billy, my team green baby, was in gender neutral for one day. Then we shopped. It was so fun!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-05-2012 - 1:28pm

I'm totally green team!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-05-2012 - 9:00am
We're waiting, just because there are so few true surprises in life. I just think it will be a blast to hear, "it's a ..." in the delivery room.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-04-2012 - 5:20pm

Thanks for the responses! You guys need to help me stay strong as I had toward my ultrasound appointment!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-03-2012 - 9:05pm
We're waiting too. We found out with our first two (a boy and a girl), and kept our last a surprise (a boy). That moment when the baby is born, and you meet that little person...it's unique in its own way I can't explain. Throughout the whole pregnancy, I bonded with baby, with no gender bias, or preconceptions. Just me + baby.

Both decisions are equally exciting, but so very different. I was struggling this time around with whether or not I wanted to find out. Ultimately, I decided not to. I have no instinct as to what this baby is, so it makes it even more exciting to wait for labor day!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-03-2012 - 4:55pm

We are staying team GREEN for this pregnancy. We found out with all the other ones and would like to be surprised this time. We are looking forward to the birth.. there are not many surprises left in life, so we just want to wait.

pregnancy calendar
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-02-2012 - 10:41pm

As of right now we are 95% team green. We found out with our first 2 and plan on this being our last. We thought it would be fun to have one of our kids be a surprise. Problem is now I kind of want to know and my DH doesn't. We already have 2 girls, so if this one is a boy I would need all new stuff. I also do not want another neutral colored nursery. ( we were not going to find out with #2 and already had done the nursery neutral) If you can wait, what an amazing surprise it will be!!