Trimesters?

iVillage Member
Trimesters?
Thu, 01-26-2012 - 7:09am

I don't remember being so confused about trimesters in my first 3 pregnancies, but I am now. I haven't talked to the doc to get her input yet and probably won't until my next appt in February, so just wanted to see what the general consensus is here.

Babyzone & Pregnology break them out like this: 1-12 / 13-27 / 28+ (Using this one us Aug. 5th EDDers begin our 2nd trimester on Sunday.)

What to Expect breaks them out like this: 1-13 / 14-27 / 28+

But then I found this site, that has 3 different trimester timeframes: http://www.baby2see.com/trimester_calculator.html

2nd trimester either begins at 12w (gestation) or 13w3d (development) or 14w5d (conception).

3rd trimester either begins at 27w (gestation) or 26w5d (development) or 27w3d (conception).

So. I'm just curious what you think or what your doctor has said. I could call the nurse and ask, but I hate taking up her time with a silly question when someone else who may really need her is trying to get through.

Thanks, ladies!

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
In reply to: brie_k
Thu, 01-26-2012 - 9:22am

I've always gone by 1st = 1-13, 2nd = 14-27, 3rd = 28+

And from what I've read, that seems to be the general consenus.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: brie_k
Thu, 01-26-2012 - 10:42am
Yeah, I'm thinking that's what I went with for Jake, since I was reading WTEWYE. Sounds as good as any. :)

Not a huge deal, really. Doc cleared me to color my locks as soon as I hit the 2nd trimester, but since I've not even made an appt at Aveda yet, will probably be a few weeks before I can get in. Ordinarily I wouldn't worry about roots at all since I usually just highlight, but I went red over the summer and red with blond roots isn't going to cut it for me for the next 28 weeks. As it is, I'm ball-capping it everywhere I go. Haven't had a root touch-up since early November and my hair grows pretty fast as it is. Now that I'm pregnant, feels like it's growing much faster. :)

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8