Update on Sean

iVillage Member
Update on Sean
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 12:30pm

He is still fever free and his lungs sound clear. They took another x-ray Saturday which is showing some signs of pneumonia which was not there on the first one take back on Thursday. He is still dependent on .1 of a liter of O2 and if he was a month old the doc would be likely sending him home on the O2, however with how little he is, he would like to wait a little longer, but soon, he said. Other than that he is doing fine, eating well, internal plumbing working just fine (and most often at it best during a diaper change :smileytongue:). He does have a touch of diaper rash, but he had that before we went in, I believe it was caused by the slight diarrhea from being on Similac. We're slathering Vasoline on it with every diaper change and it looks SOOO much better than it did. Got my fingers crossed we can go home tomorrow or Wed at the latest.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 4:21pm

I was hoping he would be home by now...but he is in the BEST place he needs to be right now! Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you! I know how exhausting it can be to sit in a hospital all the time....I hope you are getting to take some breaks!!!

Keep us posted!