Water is gross

iVillage Member
Water is gross
Wed, 04-04-2012 - 1:17pm
I hate water. It just isn't palatable to me. Which is weird bc, really, what does it even taste like? However, I've gotta drink more of it. I don't ever feel thirsty, but the color of my urine (sorry) would suggest dehydration. Gotta up my intake.

Do you guys drink a lot of water? Any ideas on making it easier to get down? Let's of ice and a straw is my go-to right now. And that helps, for sure, but I need to drink more! Ideas...
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-04-2012 - 1:49pm
Sorry, no help here, lol. I need to drink more as well. My problem isn't the taste, its I don't like drinking cold stuff when I'm already flippin freezing cold. And with highs in the 50's to 60's here, I'm still freezing personally. So I always get dehydrated in the winter, no matter what.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-04-2012 - 2:03pm
Where do you live again, Sara? It's 70s-80s here in coastal NC already.

I've been adding lemon juice. It's actually pretty good.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-04-2012 - 2:15pm

I'm usually not a huge fan of water myself but I've found it's easier to drink with fresh lemon wedges in it. I've also been drinking tea with honey and Powerade Zero to keep hydrated. I was drinking a lot of water the first trimester since I was feeling so horrible but now that I'm feeling better I've been doing tea, milk and Powerade Zero as well.

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-04-2012 - 2:58pm

I actually like water -- we're really bad as we buy it in plastic bottles, but our water is gross. With bottles, I find we all drink more, and here in TX (even now, in April), we all really need to stay hydrated.

Anything you can find to help make it more palatable is what I'd do. Lemon wedges are a great idea. But you can also do juice and dilute it to as much as you can stand. Or Kool-aid. Whatever.

I had a scare yesterday -- I woke up and had very blurry vision. I thought about it, and remembered that the past couple days I hadn't had a lot of water at all. So I chugged two bottles and laid down for a bit, and then my vision was fine. Of course, a migraine hit me, so there was that, but at least I could see. It's crazy how dehydration can affect us. Even just a little bit.

And, by the time you're thirsty, you're dehydrated. So don't let yourself get thirsty! :)

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-04-2012 - 5:03pm
I'm in Idaho and we have rain/snow mix in the forecast for the week, mostly in the mountains, but still :( We've had warmer days, but its usually just a day, then we're back to normal of the 50's or 60's.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-04-2012 - 6:31pm
I'm in Florida and we're in the upper 80's pushing 90 this week. :( I'm in the same boat, I have GOT to start drinking more. I love tea, and I've started drinking Gatoraid but I don't know that it's helping. H2O it is.. ugh.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-05-2012 - 9:17am

Fortunately, I actually love water.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-05-2012 - 9:29am

Oh, good, phew!

Photobucket