Waters or not waters- this is the question

iVillage Member
Waters or not waters- this is the question
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 1:41am
Hi guys,
So I just woke up to go to the bathroom and I felt moisture on my leg. In the bathroom when I looked in the toilet (tmi sorry) there was a big dark red lump of blood and the water was very bloody. I've been passing the snotty plug for the past week or so, but none of it was red. I called the ob and they said I could either come in now and be checked or wait what happens and go see my ob tomorrow. They also said I could wait until my next appt (Tuesday ) because it doesn't sound like my waters, but I only leaked like 1/4 cup with my DD and there was no next gush or anything.
I'm confused what to do. Tomorrow's my last day going into work and my DDs last day in daycare and she's bringing cupcakes and having a goodbye party. I'd hate to ruin it for her.
Thanks for listening!
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-11-2012 - 12:46pm
I'm still bleeding today- feels weird to ignore it but I don't want to be annoying - they checked and said I was fine, so I'm waiting.
I've been dancing all morning, did laundry, pressed on the acupuncture spots and nothing. I'm hesitant to DTD because of the blood.
Getting a pedicure now. Blue polish, for my boy :smileyhappy:
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 9:29pm
Why wait!?! Crank up the Boys 2 Men and the Vanilla Ice and get to grooving girl! If that baby is already 9lbs the last thing you want is to keep it in for another two weeks! Ice Ice Baby!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 1:38pm
Ultrasound went well- they have no idea where the blood was from but placenta, waters and babe seem fine ( they said baby measures over 9 lbs so carrying him for another 2 weeks seems like a terrifying prospect even if they're a little off).
Going home now to get some much needed sleep and I'm starting the baby dance tomorrow morning :smileyvery-happy:
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 1:07pm
Eeek! Exciting! Do the prego dance and get that baby OUT! I'm excited for you!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 12:05pm
Doctor checked me and said it didn't seem like my waters broke but it's hard to tell because of the blood. I'm definitely not in labor she said. On my way to get an US to check water level and my placenta for rupture. This is ridiculous I feel so bad for missing work and not even having a baby to show for it. Argh.
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 9:31am
Nothing happened yet. I slept about 30 minutes last night - between the stress and hubby snoring like a BEAST... I'm exhausted. I had diarrhea all morning, back pains and BH but nothing major or regular. Driving DD to daycare now with the cupcakes and then headed to the doc's to get checked.
Why did I think that with the second it's going to be obvious? :smileyhappy:
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 8:06am

Looking at the time, I guess by now you've had to make a decision already!  :smileyhappy:  Since the doc didn't seem overly concerned about you coming in immediately - I would have probably waited to see if you had more leaking - or if it got more severe.  On one hand, I'm sure you're excited to get in there and have the baby - but I totally get wanting to do that last day of work and daycare too.  I'd base it on how I was feeling - like maybe let DD go in to daycare w/ the cupcakes in the morning and you either stop into work for a short day or skip it depending on what is going on.  So, I guess I'd hold out if I could - but obviously, you have to do what your body is telling you.  Like if you started contracting or waters totally gushed - then I think that is your answer!  Hope you are able to post soon and let us know how it turned out!  Sounds like little baby Spice is coming very soon though!!

Photobucket