This Week?

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
This Week?
Mon, 09-24-2012 - 11:51am

Any plans for the week ahead? Anything fun you're planning? Any thing you hope to get accomplished?

How is baby doing?

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 4:52pm

School work, test this evening in Spanish 102, had a test Friday in Medical Terminology, I have a test coming up next week in Biology. Wish I had time for fun stuff, lol.

Sean is doing good, getting big. He's taking 6oz every 3-4 hrs. His sleeping is a little erratic, not horrible, just mildly annoying. I can't say whether he's going to be awake and alert for long periods (over an hour) in the morning or the evening, or whether he is going to be up 2-3 times a night or sleep for 6-7hrs (usually when he does that, its a nice 10-5 or 11-6). He had his 1 month check a couple weeks ago, he was up to 11lbs 4oz and 23.75 inches long. He's following in big brother's footsteps and hanging out at the top of the growth charts. Haven't decided if that 's a good thing or not, other than all of Quinn's hand-me-downs will fit during the correct season.

And apparently my photos are to big for me to put straight into my reply, oh well, at least I think I've figured out how :smileyhappy:

Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: keeyamah
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 4:44pm
Quinn's came in with more red than it has now, he lost all of it and it came back the blonde you can see in my siggy. If you catch it at the right angle in the sun, you can see the copper red of my hair tinting it :smileyhappy: Sean's is a much much darker red than Quinn's was, so I'm hoping I get a red-headed child this time :smileyhappy:
Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: kbeth85
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 8:04am

Well this week is pretty much over for us but we've been working really hard on nursing this week. Owen likes to eat all day long. I'm sure he's not always eating, but he does a ton of comfort nursing. Basically, that's all we do. He sleeps good at night - does 3-4 hr stretches of sleep, but he is not a good napper during the day. He just takes little cat naps or might take a good nap if we do a stroller ride - but always wakes up if we stop. So we are still trying to get better at eating more at a feeding so it will hold him over for a while. We bought a rock and play last weekend and he loves it...it's been a lifesaver and it's what he sleeps in now. He was not happy on his back in his bassinet from some reflux so I'm happy he's able to get some sleep. We had our appt on Monday and Owen was 8lb 7oz at almost 5 weeks. He was 7lbs when he was born. I also talked to the doctor about writing me a letter for my job so I can get some extra time off. I'm already taking 12 weeks but I'm a teacher and if I took just another month off it would put me at Christmas Break and then I could just start back with the kiddos in January and since I was only there one day at the beginning of the year it seems like it would be easier for everyone if I just started back in the new year...easier to make the transition. Really hoping it gets approved because I do NOT want to leave my little dude.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers