Weird question about baby kicking

iVillage Member
Weird question about baby kicking
Thu, 04-12-2012 - 8:09pm

So I have noticed this in the last few weeks and wondered if anyone else had the same experience.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-12-2012 - 9:57pm
No, your not weird. I've noticed a similar thing, I've usually described it as if he's doing gymnastics in there or the exact opposite, where its more like he's just stretching out and just shifting position. Enjoy this while you can, because soon they are gonna be shoving knees and elbows into our ribs and refusing to move :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-13-2012 - 6:23am

I'm sure it is just that baby is more active and flailing about more so you're having that feeling. I feel Zoë in 5 different places at once, I swear. Last night she was kicking/punching me in both sides simultaneously and I didn't think I was ever going to be able to sleep with all that movement going on. LOL. She's already packing a wollop, and it's only going to get more intense.

Isn't seeing your belly move an absolute trip?! Seriously, this is my favorite part of being pregnant. :)

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-13-2012 - 2:41pm

I think things sound pretty normal to me. This is my third and this baby is way less active than my other two. It worried me at first but I think the good Lord sees that I struggle on a daily basis to control the two monsters I already have he decided to give me a layed back, calm baby this time!!! I can only hope!

Feeling the baby move is def. one of my favorite parts of being pregnant too. Its fun when the baby puts on a few pounds and you can feel a leg, foot or butt in there!