What Are You Wearing Now?

iVillage Member
What Are You Wearing Now?
Tue, 01-24-2012 - 8:59am

Are you still able to wear your pre-pregnancy clothing or are you already in maternity wear?

photo snowsiggy.png

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-25-2012 - 6:42pm

I'm in my 13th week and I really can't wear any of my clothes :( It's depressing. About three weeks ago, I started wearing my bigger clothes that I wore this time last year... I lost 30 lbs this year. I'm glad I kept them though because I think I would be at a complete loss without them. Maternity clothes are too big and make me look prematurely very preggo... which I hate. I've been doing my laundry during the week so that I rotate through them.

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-26-2012 - 9:29am

I am - oh, 9 weeks today!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-26-2012 - 1:39pm

I have to wear professional clothes Mon-Fri and it's getting tough. I feel like my maternity clothing is waaaaay less chic than my regular clothing. Even my usual brands like Ann Taylor - the maternity collection isn't as classy.

When it gets warmer I'm planning on wearing just sleeveless tops and a nice business jacket over them.

I remember from my first pregnancy how frustrated I was getting that the maternity clothing often times comes with silly paterns. Like we turn into children and need all our stuff polkadotted or floral or some other crazy pattern because we're pregnant. Somehow I don't see as much of it now.

Oh, and I find pregnancy Tshirts annoying. The ones that say stuff about the baby. Like 'Future Red Sox fan' or 'I love mommy' or 'Future heartbreaker'. What the hell?!

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-26-2012 - 2:42pm
I'm using a mix of maternity and regular. Some of my jeans are just too uncomfortable, but I still have 1-2 regular jeans and a pair of dress pants. Then I'm mixing in maternity pants with my regular shirts.

With the style of clothes now, you can get by with regular tops for quite a while :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-26-2012 - 10:08pm
There was a slide show here on iVillage that had some hilarious ones though. Things like "Try to rub it and your dead" or something like that (maybe not that confrontational) but they were good ones :)
Photobucket

Pages