What Are You Wearing Now?

iVillage Member
What Are You Wearing Now?
Tue, 01-24-2012 - 8:59am

Are you still able to wear your pre-pregnancy clothing or are you already in maternity wear?

photo snowsiggy.png

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-26-2012 - 10:08pm
There was a slide show here on iVillage that had some hilarious ones though. Things like "Try to rub it and your dead" or something like that (maybe not that confrontational) but they were good ones :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-26-2012 - 2:42pm
I'm using a mix of maternity and regular. Some of my jeans are just too uncomfortable, but I still have 1-2 regular jeans and a pair of dress pants. Then I'm mixing in maternity pants with my regular shirts.

With the style of clothes now, you can get by with regular tops for quite a while :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-26-2012 - 1:39pm

I have to wear professional clothes Mon-Fri and it's getting tough. I feel like my maternity clothing is waaaaay less chic than my regular clothing. Even my usual brands like Ann Taylor - the maternity collection isn't as classy.

When it gets warmer I'm planning on wearing just sleeveless tops and a nice business jacket over them.

I remember from my first pregnancy how frustrated I was getting that the maternity clothing often times comes with silly paterns. Like we turn into children and need all our stuff polkadotted or floral or some other crazy pattern because we're pregnant. Somehow I don't see as much of it now.

Oh, and I find pregnancy Tshirts annoying. The ones that say stuff about the baby. Like 'Future Red Sox fan' or 'I love mommy' or 'Future heartbreaker'. What the hell?!

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-26-2012 - 9:29am

I am - oh, 9 weeks today!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-25-2012 - 6:42pm

I'm in my 13th week and I really can't wear any of my clothes :( It's depressing. About three weeks ago, I started wearing my bigger clothes that I wore this time last year... I lost 30 lbs this year. I'm glad I kept them though because I think I would be at a complete loss without them. Maternity clothes are too big and make me look prematurely very preggo... which I hate. I've been doing my laundry during the week so that I rotate through them.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-25-2012 - 4:33pm
I have a few of my jeans that still fit, but they are getting snug. I am wearing some maternity clothes, but it depends on what kind of waist it has. I am a teacher, so I have to dress professionally Monday - Thursday. It is becoming a struggle because I am actually getting uncomfortable in my shirts more than my pants.....strange, huh?
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-25-2012 - 3:38pm
I work from home too, so yeah not a big wardrobe issue here either. I'm currently still in all my normal clothes. I usually don't start to show until around 18 - 20 weeks so this is pretty normal for me. That's usually when I have to do the rubber band in the jeans deal and then finally submit to the strechy prego pants. This is baby #4 though, so I might pop a lot sooner, we'll see. So far, so good.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-25-2012 - 12:41pm

LOL, I get gassy. I just don't care. ;)

I go through phases with my veggies. This week it's red cabbage. Could be squash or brussels sprouts next week. I've probably eaten 15 pounds of tomatoes in the first trimester. Same thing with fruit. I was apple crazy there for a bit. I do eat not so healthily at times...I had a handful of lime tostitos just a little while ago. I just try to keep things like that in moderation. And, the other thing is, there are 5 of us. Nothing junky lasts for very long, LOL. I don't buy a lot of unheathy snacks, which is probably why the family scarfs them down so quickly.

I also went through a cheese quesadilla phase for a couple weeks, but put a good amount of wheat germ on them so I wouldn't feel too bad about it.

I drink a ton of skim milk, always have. I'm bad about drinking water, though. I get a few bottles in, but the kids usually have to bring a bottle to me. Come summer I'll be much better because it's just so necessary.

I think sometimes the whole weight gain is a crap shoot, honestly. I had much more of an appetite in my past pregnancies. Having gained so little this far along is not normal for me at all. But, the first few weeks were pretty brutal, and maybe I lost some weight, I don't know. I couldn't eat anything. Even now I cannot eat very much at one time. Seems like I get full quickly. But, I do eat often as a result. Who knows how it will all shake out. I'm trying to not worry too much.

I think I'm going to have some tomatoes and cottage cheese now. :) I do find that talking about food makes me want to eat. LOL.

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-25-2012 - 12:28pm

Thanks!

I'm in Mass, so we get the humidity in the Summer, but I guess the heat isn't nearly as bad as in Texas. Phew.

And food - believe me, it's also about the amounts. I eat very healthy - I put flax oil, flax seeds, wheat germ and stuff like that in everything I make. My diet consists of fruit and greek yogurts and I try to buy everything organic. I snack on nuts and occasionally granola or fat free popcorn (if I want to be 'wild' ;) ) I only drink water or about once a week almond milk. The thing was that when I was pregnant I just ate a lot more of those things and put weight on. So yeah, quantity matters. And I bet the lack of exercise didn't help either.

Your meal sounds super yummy, but I can't eat cabbage - I get too bloated and my gas gets deadly (sorry for TMI).

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-25-2012 - 11:56am

I told my nurse the other day that scales should be outlawed in OB offices. LOL. Especially since we cannot get naked! Totally my preference. :) But I'm not weighing myself at all.

I think it's more about the quality of food that you eat as opposed to quantity. If you can find healthy things that you really dig, you'll be ok. I scarfed a half a head of red cabbage yesterday. About 3 cups steamed just to not raw, then sauteed in a small bit of olive oil and a little bit balsamic vinegar. That entire plate of food maybe had 150-200 cal and a lot of vite c and a. It was a great snack and filled me up until lunch. I really believe it's all about choices.

Hmmm, seasons. I think the biggest thing is swelling the summer months, and maybe just staying comfortable because your internal thermostat may be out of whack. I've been really lucky in that up until this one, I've not been really big in the hottest summer months (I have May, June, and November babies), but we're in Texas now and this past July was fricken brutal, and we nearly melted in August (which is why I've decided I will NOT be making it to my EDD, LOL). If you're in a warm climate like we are, you'll just want to keep hydrated, and try not to get overheated. I'm truly dreading summer. I may not leave the house unless I have to. I think we had 45 days of triple digits last summer. Freakin' kill me.

I don't think winter posed any particular challenges with me as far as comfort or anything. Just had to be more careful on snow/ice because of shifting center of gravity. I fell badly when I was pregnant with Libby and I'm convinced it's that fall that gave her her birthmark on her cheek. Probably not, but I fell on my stomach at about 5m. As much as I think 70 degree temps are stupid for January, huge bonus of being in TX is that we've no serious winter to speak of. We've had a few cold days this entire season. I have my air on today. Unbelievable.

HTH. I think a lot just varies on where you are and who you are. Everyone is different so hard to say how it will be with you. I hope we all have an easy time of it when things get warmer, though! :)

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8

Pages