iVillage Member
Tue, 04-03-2012 - 7:32pm

FBlovinmama -- MEEEEE TOOOO

Craving mexican every single day.

Bad.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-02-2012 - 7:02pm
I have been craving Mexican food terribly!!! I could eat Taco Bell every day if I would let myself! The fajitas at Chili's are an all time favorite right now.
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-30-2012 - 4:32am

Yeah, that first attack is a doozy, isn't it? I remember waking up with it in the middle of the night and just freaking out. I never understood how MIL could endure that any more than necessary. It's such a bad pain.

I'm so glad that you'll have it removed later if it continues to be a problem. I'd rather take my chances with surgery than have that pain, for sure!

Keep us posted on how you're doing.

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-29-2012 - 8:59am

Thanks Brie!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-29-2012 - 5:30am

Oh, Tricia, I feel for you. Right after I had Jake I had my first gallbladder attack. Never experienced anything like it. You know those really thick sugar cookies with the heavy frosting you get at bakeries? Yeah, I ate one of those and I swear that brought it on -- because I had one the next evening and the same thing happened. Since Jake was so little and hubby worked crazy hours, I had to wait until MIL could come out and help out with the kids before I could have the cholecystectomy, so I had to do that insane no-fat, no alcohol diet for almost 3 months. I cannot imagine having to be that careful while pregnant, or for several months. Ugh!

And, even after having it removed I still get minor attacks -- crazy, huh? Usually brought on by too much drink and not enough food, so not a regular occurrence (couple times a year maybe), but still too often for my liking. I keep thinking I'll have it checked out, but of course I haven't yet and it's been going on for about 8 years now. I probably will get it checked out once I have Zoë. It's probably scar tissue or something, and it's probably one of those things that they cannot remedy. Maybe I need to put down the vodka? LOL! Mylanta works WONDERS for me when I start to get that pain, though. (And it's not heartburn -- I'm sure you now know that pain is unlike anything else.)

MIL had gallstones for 20+ years and never did anything beyond regulating her diet for a time to get rid of them... we lost her in 2004 to gallbladder cancer. I think that's an extreme case, but IMO, it's nothing to mess with. I hope that after all of this, if you still end up with attacks, you'll get yours removed. It's a very easy procedure. I have two tiny little scars on the right side of my tummy (cannot even see them now, really) and one in my navel at the top, and they just yanked it out through one of those incisions. Recovery wasn't bad either. Took just a few days to feel normal again. It wasn't even painful, just sore because they fill your abdomen up with gas so they can get the scope and instruments in there. Not too bad as far as surgeries go.

Good luck in keeping the attacks at bay! Once I was being careful, I didn't have another attack prior to surgery, and suspect if I never had a drink again, I'd never have that pain again.

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-28-2012 - 8:23pm
Mine isn't nearly as yummy as others I am sure since I am on a strict diet due to my gestational diabetes.

Breakfast is egg with meat and cheese, sometimes fruit, sometimes a piece of toast.
Lunch is salads, meat, cheese, and fruit.
Snacks can be anything from cheerios, fruit, veggies, pretzels, cheese
Dinner is meat, a small amount of carbs, and veggies.

Bed time snack is normally a little milk with a few vanilla wafers with peanut butter.

Not a whole lot of variety!
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-28-2012 - 3:48pm

YOWZA!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-28-2012 - 12:10pm

nope...nothing they can do for me while pregnant.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-28-2012 - 10:34am
Oh wow, that sounds painful! Can they treat gallstones while pregnant, or does it just have to be managed with diet until after?

Snack ideas: clementines, ff (fat free) yogurt/pudding, whole grain rice cakes... What else?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-28-2012 - 8:47am

Normally, I would eat fairly healthy - but I would def induldge in my favorites like ice cream & pizza.

Photobucket