When is baby happiest?

iVillage Member
When is baby happiest?
Sun, 10-28-2012 - 9:18pm

That might seem like an odd question.. and Josh is happy pretty much most of the time except when tired or hungry. But at any time, even when he's tired or hungry, you lay him on his changing table... and this little kid just lights up!!! He starts chatting away, cooing, wiggling and smiling. It's hilarious. He LOVES diaper changes. I just don't get it.

Is that a weird Joshie thing or are other babies like that as well?

Have you noticed a certain time or activity where your baby seems happiest?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 9:31pm

Haha! I love hearing when all your babies are happy.

Josh also loves the water at bathtime. He loves splashing and moving his legs around. He looks in the mirror at himself and just soaks it all in :) 

It's just those diaper changes where he becomes a little chatter box.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 8:00pm

Mason is happy as long as he is being held. He will have a few moments not being held if he just slept and ate. He lights up when the kids are talking to him. He also loves baths but hates being taken out and dressed.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 3:30pm

So cute!! Alby is also a very content baby, he's only unhappy when really hungry or sleepy, and he gets frustrated easily when trying to learn something new and he can't do it after 2 or 3 tries - when on his tummy time mat he usually gets upset because he tries and tries and tries to crawl! I find he's not a huge fan of diaper changes, he wiggles and whimpers a lot, I think because he gets cold so quickly!

Unlike hubby and I, Alby is a morning person and is really smiley first thing in the morning! He rubs his eyes and yawns and smiles "good morning!" ha ha, it helps making getting up so early easier! He also LOVES his bouncy chair, and is often smiling at and talking to the little animals hanging from it!

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-28-2012 - 11:34pm

Sean is happiest in the bath, second happiest during diaper changes, lol. He just goes CRAZY in the tub, some super intense concentration and happy faces in there. And screaming when we take him out.... But like Josh, he is just a happy baby unless tired or hungry Smile.

Photobucket