When is your maternity leave up?

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
When is your maternity leave up?
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 1:45pm

I'm looking at the last 2.5 weeks of my maternity leave ahead of me :smileysad: I am looking forward to going back to work because I enjoy it, but I'm really dreading the pumping routine... and especially my early morning days when I have to get to work by 4 AM. Those morning are always hard to figure out if I should pump or what, if baby has not woken up to eat sometime before the time I'm up at 3 AM to get ready for work. I'm sure I'll figure it out... I did with DS #1. Just daunting to think about. I'm also wondering what I will fit in. Since I'm on air, wardrobe is important! Ha!

How are you feeling as your maternity leave winds down? How much time do you have left?

If you're back at work already, how is your work and baby routine working out?

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 12:34pm

I went back on Thursday :smileysad: It was hard and busy at work which made it difficult to pump. I managed to pump three times the first 12 hour shift and two the next. It is hard because I go when I can fit it in since my day is never the same and I can't just leave when I need to. I have to decide whether I want to pump or eat so pumping usually wins out. LOL. Fortunately, we have a lactation room with two hospital grade pumps (one of the perks of working in a hospital). It was nice just having two day shifts to ease me in last week. I was annoyed because I was only supposed to do an 8 hour shift the second day I worked, but they were busy and, of course, our managers couldn't possibly stay longer to help out, so I ended up staying. I did make the stipulation that I was going to get lunch and pump if I stayed. Pretty bad I have to do that though. It is tough not eating until 3 pm especially when pumping. Nurses are severly under appreciated in my opinion. This week I have three 12s in a row so I hope I can keep up with Mason's milk needs.  Wish I didn't have to work, but I am way too lazy when I am home all of the time. Overall, things are going well. So glad DH stays home with the baby while I am gone.

Photobucket