Formula in the Hospital

iVillage Member
Formula in the Hospital
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 9:33am

Starting in September, Mayor Bloomberg's push to encourage breastfeeding will incorporate a new program urging hospitals to keep baby formula under lockdown.

The latest installment of the city's "Latch On NYC" initiative will require new mothers seeking baby formula in the hospital to sign the formula out like medication.

The New York Post reports new mothers will not be denied formula, but if requested, they'll receive a mandated talk from staffers and nurses on why they should opt out.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/30/bloombergs-breast-feeding-latch-on-nyc-hospitals-hide-baby-...

Interesting!  How do you feel about this? 

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 5:15pm
I've breast fed 3 babies and Lord willing will breast feed this one as well. But I don't feel like it is any of the government's business whatsoever.

Seriously, we have so many other things that government could be spending their time and our resources on. They have no business telling women what they should or shouldn't do with their babies.

I had a huge issue when my daughter's school started regulating and monitoring the lunches I sent with her. I mean come on, I'm her mom, I'm pretty sure I know what she can eat and I don't need the government thinking for me in that area. IMO it's just annoying.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-05-2012 - 2:05pm
What women do with their own breasts is their own business, NOT the governments!
Expecting baby #1 August 8th 2012! It's a girl!