Possible Introduction.. Is this a positive?!

iVillage Member
Possible Introduction.. Is this a positive?!
Fri, 12-30-2011 - 11:21am

Hello Ladies!

My name is Leah and I am the mommy of a 6 year old DD, a 3 year old DD, and 6 month old foster daughter. I have taken several tests over the last few days. Most negative, and two that look like very faint positives. Yesterday was the first day of my missed period. (Was due on Dec 28) I have very reliable periods, never late and my bb's have been VERY sore for about 1.5 weeks now.

My cycles are 35 days.

The real reason I am questioning is because this test sat for about 2 hours before I looked at it again. I took it, didn't see anything immediately and put it on the bathroom counter. Two hours later, I saw this line. Same thing happened with my last pregnancy that ended in miscariage.

I know, I should probably just wait a few days and test again :) Why is the wait sooooo hard?!

What do you ladies think of the line? (is there one? haha) Although it wasn't planned I would be excited to join.

Hoping to join!

- Leah

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-30-2011 - 11:35am

It looks positive to me, but... they do say not to read them after xx amount of time. My sister told me that the positive line comes out in the bathroom over time, and it still could be a negative. She calls it an 'evap line'. However, I did this same thing when I had my daughter Abby... with no line, and then a few hours later there was one. I think it's too hard to tell. You might have to just wait a few days and re-test :( I know it's hard to do.

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-30-2011 - 12:00pm
If it was 2 hours later when you first saw the pregnant line, then no, I would not assume you are pregnant. THat's why they say NOT to look at it past a certain amount of time. But retest in a few- maybe it's a just a coincidence!
iVillage Member

Hi Leah (btw, that's my oldest daughters name :-)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
I just looked at the test...you're totally pregnant!! That is a clear line. Congrats!!!!!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Leah, did you take another test? As someone who spent a lot of time on the TTC boards the last 6 months (and from personal expetience) I can say that blue dye tests are notorious for false + after the time limit. That's why there IS a time limit. I would try a First Response or pink-dye test. See this link fOr good examples: http://www.peeonastick.com/hpt/+.html

Good luck and let us know!!

Jenn (28) & DH Zach (28)
Married 9/24/2005