Anyone else always nervous?

iVillage Member
Anyone else always nervous?
Sat, 12-24-2011 - 5:42am
I don't think I'm going to feel "secure" in this pregnancy until I see a heartbeat, but since I'm only about 4 weeks/3 days I have a while for that. Im a nurse so logically I know what is normal...but every cramp, headache, loss of symptoms for a few hours has me convinced something is wrong. Any of the ladies that are a few weeks ahead feel thisway at dirt and relax a little? I'm going to drive myself crazy by my first US!! Lol

Jenn (28) & DH Zach (28)
Married 9/24/2005

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-24-2011 - 8:27am

Good Morning! I don't have any advice since this is my first pregnancy and I'm only a few days ahead of you but I just wanted to let you know that I also have been ALWAYS nervous since I found out!!

We went in for an appt on Thursday to get HCG levels checked and I am also very anxious for the day when we can hear the heartbeat and I can be a little more at ease!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
iVillage Member
Sat, 12-24-2011 - 11:42am
Hey there,

I just wanted to tell you that I was exactly like that with pg #1. Looks like this is not #1 for you, but I understand the uncertainty when you don't have any tangible proof (besides the tests). All I can say is that I feel so much better now, just going with the flow. Really, as bad as it sounds, there's nothing much we can do to control whether the pregnancy is viable at this point (beyond the normal pre-natal vitamins and avoiding the bad stuff). AND, keep in mind that the vast, vast majority of pregnancies are totally fine, normal, go well, etc. That always helped settle my mind, at least a little bit.

Hope you can relax and enjoy your holidays! At this point, if my symptoms ease up a bit, that means I can actually EAT something, for which I am eternally grateful! LOL.
pregnancy
iVillage Member
Sat, 12-24-2011 - 3:09pm
Thanks for the supper ladies!! I had a loss in the past and every littl thing sends my head spinning. I know that things are probably just fine, I am just SO happy tht the thought of having to go through that again is terrifying. Can't wait until August when we all have our perfect babies in our arms!

Jenn (28) & DH Zach (28)
Married 9/24/2005

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-25-2011 - 6:10pm

Girl, I've seen the heartbeat and I'm still nervous!!!!

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-25-2011 - 6:31pm
I agree with Rosie.

As a BTDT mom of 6, and unfortunately more than 6 losses, it is a tough time through these first few weeks. I haven't always been this calm, but once I grasped the fact that I wasn't in charge, I just learned to let go. Whether I wanted this baby sooo much, or thought it was poor timing... it was going to happen the way it was due to happen.
For now, just take try your best to enjoy the experience, and love every second that you are pregnant.
I know it seems like time is going by at a snails pace right now, but in the grand scheme of things, it is really a short time. Try your best to look for those silver linings where ever you can find them :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-26-2011 - 1:36am
Thanks guys!!! I know it's completely out of my control. I appreciate the support!!!

Jenn (28) & DH Zach (28)
Married 9/24/2005

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-27-2011 - 10:44am

I'm right there with you.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-31-2011 - 2:38pm

I'm a nervous wreck. Had a m/c a year and a half ago. No symptoms until I went in for an ultrasound at 10 weeks and there wasn't a heartbeat. Terrified it will happen again. I dream about miscarrying. I've been spotting for a couple weeks and even thought the doctor says not to worry, I keep thinking it's dying.

Expecting baby #1 August 8th 2012! It's a girl!
iVillage Member
Sat, 12-31-2011 - 4:41pm
I am in the same boat! I have my first appointment on Tuesday and I can't wait!!!! I have been SOOO miserable with sickness, but when the symptoms stop for a little while I get nervous - there is a sort of delight in feeling like crap! lol