Bladder Concerns

iVillage Member
Bladder Concerns
Thu, 01-26-2012 - 11:04am

I constantly feel like I have to go pee, and it feels quite urgent. I go to the washroom, and at times barely anything (or even nothing) comes out and I still feel like I have to go. I am drinking lots of water and have been tested for a UTI, but nothing seems to help. It's keeping me up at night. Any suggestions? Anyone else feel this way? I find myself frustrated and in tears at times.

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-26-2012 - 11:47am
I have this problem when I get dehydrated, even if I feel like I've been drinking enough water. I get the pee urgency, and a sort of uncomfortable almost irritated feeling also, and when I start getting crampy and headachey I know it's bad. Usually I'll chug 3 whole cups of water as fast as possible and within a few hours I feel better down there.

If there's no other discomfort or irritation it could just be that the baby is pressing directly on your bladder depending on how far along you are.
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-26-2012 - 2:58pm
I'm this way with pregnancy in general. And I drink tons of water. I think it just depends on where your bladder sits in comparison to the baby. With a growing uterus, it could be pushing on your bladder making you feel like you have to go when you don't.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-26-2012 - 10:10pm
I've noticed this when I'm a bit constipated, kinda like between the uterus, hormones and other things pushing, its just not as big as it used to be, lol.
Photobucket