Can we talk about poop......or there lack of? :-)

iVillage Member
Can we talk about poop......or there lack of? :-)
Mon, 01-09-2012 - 6:54pm

Is anyone else having a problem with constipation?

Pages

iVillage Member

My prenatal vitamin has something in it to help with that, and when I get up the energy to go upstairs, I'll look, lol.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
OMG it is AWFUL! I'm going on 4 days now. I have gained 3 pounds and I'm pretty sure it's all poo!! Before that I had only gained 1 pound since I became pregnant. I feel like a blimp.
iVillage Member
Same here!! It doesn't help that I have basically been staying in bed other than work to reduce my bleeding. The immobility is NOT helping the situation! Lol. My midwife said it was ok to take a stool softener for a few days to help since I tried (like you) everything natural I could!

Jenn (28) & DH Zach (28)
Married 9/24/2005

iVillage Member

I was having the same problem and was fairly miserable. Recently I started eating high-fiber oatmeal for breakfast with raspberries (raspberries have 9g of dietary fiber per cup), wheat germ in yogurt for a snack (not as high in fiber but high in Vitamin E and folic acid), at least one apple every day, Total cereal for a snack on a regular basis, and as much V8 juice as I can get (not a fan of juices really, but I love V8 so much and it has 2g of fiber per 8 oz). I also started drinking more water.

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member

I go once every three or four days.

Expecting baby #1 August 8th 2012! It's a girl!
iVillage Member
What does a suppository do?
iVillage Member

It relaxes the sphincter and greases the wheels, so to speak. Downside is that you have to stick your finger up your bum. I've used them before and they do work. Just make sure to get the glycerin kind, not the biascodyl kind.

Expecting baby #1 August 8th 2012! It's a girl!
iVillage Member
ME ME ME! I can seriously go from looking like a small baby bump to looking 6 months preggo...depending on when I pooped last ugh. So I am taking benefiber twice a day.