Come on, Milk!

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Come on, Milk!
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 11:21am

Come on milk.... I need you to come in!!!!!!! We're on day 4 and there's not much happening. Josh isn't keeping up with his daily wets and stools and he's getting sleepier. I'm nursing him every 2 hours and today, I've started pumping for 5 to 10 min after. I'm eating lots of oatmeal cookies and drinking lots of water. any other tips?

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 2:47pm

I used to drink 'Mother's Milk' tea - ther fruit or herbal teas seemed to work equally well though.

Also... a small glass of wine? Helps with let-down, but also can help with milk coming in, it will help you relax. That tip I got from the 'disfunctional mothers' handbook', of course :smileyhappy:

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 2:54pm

A lactation consultant that I worked with and used suggested Fenugreek with my first baby. I used it for about a month when I went back to work and it did wonders. I took 3 capsules 3x a day.

Mandi

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 8:47pm
I would make best friends with the lactation consultant. They have been life savers for me all three times before. I've also heard drinking a dark beer will help, but I'm not sure if I would do that or not, expecialy with a brand new baby.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 9:25pm

Megan,

I am having trouble keeping up with everyone. Were you the one complaining of having heavier bleeding? Is this still a problem? I am asking because sometimes people who have retained placenta can bleed more and this can keep your milk from coming in. If not, I am sure it will come in anytime now. Keep up with what you are doing. Frequent feedings should do it, but like others said, call a lactation consultant or your OB/midwife if you don't get it in in the next day or so.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 9:30pm

Never mind, that was Brie. Sorry, can't keep up.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 10:06pm

I agree with several people! I would talk to your lactation consultant first, def. drink a beer in the meantime and then try Fenugreek! The beer honestly helped me when I felt like I wasn't making enough and it tasted so good after not drinking alcohol for so long! I was engorged during the night after drinking a beer. I took the herb Fenugreek with my last child and it helped especially after going back to work. I bought some last week just to have on hand if I need it! I hope things work themselves out for you Megan, I know how frustrating it can be.

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Thu, 08-09-2012 - 11:37am

Is it any better today?

BabyFetus Ticker