Fewer Movements... More Mucusy Discharge... What are you experiencing that's new?

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Fewer Movements... More Mucusy Discharge... What are you experiencing that's new?
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 1:36pm

Hi Ladies,

I'm now 38 weeks and 4 days. I'm a little concerned because baby doesn't seem to be moving quite as frequently and not as vigourously. I'm also having more mucusy discharge today... very creamy. Not tinted with blood. No real contractions. A few non-painful types the past few days... but nothing today.

Doctor says if I'm very concerned with the way movement has changed that I should go to the maternity triage at the hospital. Blah. I don't want to do that. I just wanted to run quick in to the doctor. Not sure what I should do or if I should just keep trying to feed and drink myself more sugar and food to get this baby to move around more. What would you do? I figure maternity triage is open all weekend, so if that's what they tell me to do now... I'll just hold on for now and if I get really really concerned, I can go in over the weekend.

How are you feeling? How is baby's movements for you and how far along are you? Any new signs or symptoms of impending labor for you?

iVillage Member

I'm feeling so crampy today. I've been having contractions, cramps and the creamy discharge. I'm going to the bathroom a lot today but not going very much.....I just feel like I have to constantly go. The baby is very active for me...she's been kicking and squirming around a lot! I have my husband on stand-by just in case we need to head to the hospital. I'm with you Megan, I don't want to rush in to L&D for it to be nothing. I'll wait it out a little longer to see if the contractions become more intense or regular as I sit here. Just got back from my second walk of the day so we'll see what happens.

Good Luck!