Hate to be a worry wort...

iVillage Member
Hate to be a worry wort...
Fri, 12-30-2011 - 5:42pm

I hate to always bring bad news but I'm so new to all of this! Okay, so on Wednesday I went to have my HCG levels checked again becuase when I went in the week before Christmas they were at 310 and the dr just wanted to check again. She said when they got to 1500 we could do an u/s. So, the nurse called me on Wednesday and said my numbers looked good and that we could schedule an u/s on Thursday. So I went in Thursday and they didn't find anything....the nurse said it was too early to see any fetal pole (pull??)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-30-2011 - 8:31pm
I think they can't really see anything but the sac and a dot before 6 weeks or so... if your EDD is closer to Aug 27th then you'd be 5 weeks and some days. I missed the u/s window with my second, but thinking back to my first I'm pretty sure they told me they like to do the confirmation u/s between 8-12 weeks when there is more of a baby shaped thing with a heartbeat. You're probably fine!
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-30-2011 - 9:39pm
I'm due 8-27 and had my first appointment today. My doc won't even look for a heartbeat for 3 more weeks because he doesn't want me to be concerned. So sending you positive vibes and hopefully some comfort that it's still really early!
iVillage Member
Sat, 12-31-2011 - 1:04pm

Is there a reason why they want to do an u/s so early?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 12-31-2011 - 1:20pm

Yeah, I really don't know....I guess they are just doing it to get a better idea of the due date, but I am trying to find peace in the fact that it is still just early and it probably shouldn't have even been done because all it did was get me worried.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers