Sex After Baby

iVillage Member
Sex After Baby
Thu, 09-06-2012 - 10:30am

Do you remember when Jessica Simpson spilled the beans about having sex a mere 3 weeks after she gave birth to baby Maxwell? And Tori Spelling revealed that she got pregnant with baby #4 when third child Hattie was, um, a month old?

Turns out, they're not the only new mamas feeling frisky so soon. Researchers at University of Michigan recently determined that sexual desire returns to pregnancy-levels within about three to four weeks postpartum -- causing many to hop back in the sack!

Sex After Baby: What Do a Quarter of New Moms Have in Common With Jessica Simpson and Tori Spelling?http://www.ivillage.com/new-moms-having-sex-soon-after-baby-delivery/6-a-471126

I don't think I was ever part of this club!  Pure exhaustion had me wait (at least) 6 weeks.  How about you?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-11-2012 - 2:07pm

We waited the 6 full weeks with our first two but only 2 weeks with this one. I had an episiotomy with my first and a small tear with my second, which needed stitches, so just didn't feel very comfortable letting anything near the area either! I remember it being VERY painful the first couple of times after having my first, ouch! This time around I had no stitches, very little bleeding and felt very normal down there, which surprised the heck out of me. I too will not be sharing this news with my doctor!

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-10-2012 - 4:28pm
DH and I have talked about it, and we both want to, but because of my stitches, we're playing it safe. I'm pretty sure they've fully dissolved and its all healed. I'm super busy with school and helping my mom with homework (I swear I spend more time helping her than doing my own right now), and with Sean of course.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-10-2012 - 11:27am
I'm overweight for the first time in my life, I have a big red and puffy c-section scar, and my breasts have turned into giant utters. Not really feeling sexy.
Expecting baby #1 August 8th 2012! It's a girl!
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-07-2012 - 2:34pm

I am always ready to jump back in once the bleeding stops....so anywhere between 4-5 weeks. Right now......after this baby and cahsing a crazed 2 year old..I am LUCKY if I have the strength to shower! LOL. But hey.....I'm 3 weeks post-baby and "thinking" about it!