Sex related :-/ kind of long.

iVillage Member
Sex related :-/ kind of long.
Sun, 01-29-2012 - 1:31pm
I feel a little ridiculous asking this, but since I've had 3 miscarriages I'm freaking out a little. I've been avoiding sex like the plague since I found out I was pregnant, mostly because I don't feel well but also because I'm nervous. Well DH has been whining about not getting any for a couple weeks and since I didn't feel to sick and we've seen the baby/heartbeat I felt like I could go ahead and do it. Well as it turns out, not even 5 mins into it I feel nauseous so we stop. An hour later I realize I have to vomit so I leave to do my thing. I have a really weak bladder in general and so I it course had to pee right after. Well I noticed discharge which is not uncommon for me, but this time I thought it had a reddish tint. I know this could totally be my imagination or lighting but I an completely freaking out. I don't have any cramping, I think I just need some reassurance :-(.
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-31-2012 - 12:59pm
Thanks for all the advice ladies! As the day went on I was pretty sure all was fine, but I didn't have sex during my first pregnancy at all! So needless to say I was in shock. I've wanted to be intimate with my husband, it just looks like we need a different approach!
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-30-2012 - 12:40pm
My doctor even warned me that slight bleeding or a little colored discharge after intercourse is NOT abnormal and not to worry unless it persisted and got worse! You are fine!! :)
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-30-2012 - 5:52am

I agree with everyone else that the bleeding is likely due to intercourse. Our cervixes are more sensitive right now, and like Sara's, mine is sooo low that sometimes intercourse hurts. I've not experienced any bleeding yet, but then I've never really bled during pregnancy too much due to intercourse. I'm sure even knowing that it would be normal, I'd freak out just a bit, too.

I have to say, too, in response to PP about making hubby go it alone, while I'm usually not a fan of that (and we had a thread about sex not too long ago and I was just like "just do it anyway," LOL), I can see changing my mind... we have an active sex-life but now I swear everytime he looks at me or touches me he is ready to go. On the one hand it's nice since I'm expanding and he still finds me sexy (he's always loved my pregnant body), but on the other hand, I don't necessarily want to have sex 5 times a week. And, he's not just content with me just taking care of him. I swear, he's not normal. He wants all of it, and he's starting to want it every time I turn around.

I cannot wait until I'm not so exhausted and will be more into intimacy. :)

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-30-2012 - 12:35am
I agree with the pp! Also, maybe tmi, but you could try other things besides full-blown intercourse. Foreplay has been the key for me (if we're going the full-on route), but aside from that, I don't know too many guys who will turn down something else, if you know what I mean. lol! I totally agree that you shouldn't be pressured into anything, AND I also try to remain understanding that for guys, sex is way more of a biological urge/need that has to be taken care of (or relieved--lol) semi-regularly. And yes, they can do it themselves, but it's nice to try to keep some intimacy at a time when things are going on with our body that they aren't really a part of. Just my thoughts.

All that said, I am almost NEVER in the mood these days. *le sigh*
pregnancy
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-29-2012 - 6:36pm

I think a little pinkish spotting after sex is normal and nothing to worry about. I spotted regularly from weeks 6-10 whether I had sex or not, but then it stopped.

Expecting baby #1 August 8th 2012! It's a girl!
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-29-2012 - 3:01pm
The reddish tinge is possibly from him hitting your cervix. Its not a problem for the baby. I've noticed with both of my pregnancies that my cervix is REALLY super low and its way to easy to hit. And while I do enjoy that at times, not all the time like it is now :( Best bet is to keep working at different positions and angles to find the ones that work for you now and keep and open mind because what works now may not a month or 2 down the road. Also something strange that has helped me with intercourse is having something light just before DTD. Like a banana or granola bar. I just need to have something in there so it doesn't slosh the stomach acid around as much.
Photobucket