These contractions have me soooo scared!!

iVillage Member
These contractions have me soooo scared!!
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 11:04pm

So tonight is the first time I've ever felt any kind of contraction. They aren't turning into anything regular and are getting shorter and weaker but it sill has me scared. I know there isn't anything I can do about it now but I'm just so worried that I'm not ready. I don't feel like my house is ready (even though it really probably is...I've been nesting all summer) and I don't feel like I'm ready to leave my job just yet. I know there isn't anything I can do about it but I'm just so nervous! I didn't think I would feel this way!! If I make it through tonight I'm going to work extra hard tomorrow to feel more prepared! I guess I was just in denial and positive that baby was going to be at least a week late, but reality is setting in tonight that it could really be anyday!

Thanks for letting me vent!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-21-2012 - 11:19am
I felt the same way when I realized it was actually happening. No one is ever prepared for their first. Try to relax and accept that it is not within your control. Have faith that all will be well, because it will be. I promise.
Expecting baby #1 August 8th 2012! It's a girl!