Weight Gain

iVillage Member
Weight Gain
Wed, 01-18-2012 - 5:03pm

I have already gained 10 pounds!!!!

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-18-2012 - 6:57pm

Sometimes there is nothing you can do but try to eat foods with the most nutritional value if you are super hungry. Fruits and veggies, lean proteins and complex carbs.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-18-2012 - 8:52pm
I do need to up the water for sure. It just makes me pee so much more!! LOL! I am going to try not to get too down on myself, it is just hard.
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-19-2012 - 10:40am
I agree, just eat the RIGHT things and that's all you can do!
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-19-2012 - 8:08pm
I had recorded my weight wrong......I have gained 6 pounds, not 10, but it still sucks.....lol. But I do feel a bit better.
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-20-2012 - 9:06am
The very best thing you can do is force yourself to eat 6 times a day. Each time you eat have one portion of protine the size of the palm of your hand and have one portion of a good carb, apple or other fruit, whole wheat bread, something good for you. And every time you eat chug a huge glass of water. The combination of the protine and carb and water will stop you from feeling hungry, the fact that you are eating healthy will help your baby, and the water will fill up your stomach and help with digestion. I know it's hard, the best thing you can do is get a plan. Not a diet, just a way of eating that works for you and is also healthy. Good luck!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-20-2012 - 10:41am

Chelsey has some really great advice.

I think partly why I'm not gaining much right now is because I really eat healthy foods for the most part. If you stock your fridge and pantry with good food, when you get hungry, you can eat and not feel too badly about it. Fruits and veggies are so good for you, and so many veggies you can eat raw if you're just beyond cooking. And, start looking up recipes for things you like, so you can keep things fresh. I can eat some veggies the same way all day, every day (I love sauteed squash in olive oil, for example, and can eat that for the rest of my life. Same with brussels sprouts -- which now I want and think I'll have for a snack!), but not everyone is like that.

I'm not cooking a lot of meat right now, so I try to keep my protein up with eggs, cheese, yogurt, sour cream, and milk. I like meat, I just haven't been cooking so much. I've got a HUGEMONGOUS potroast in the crockpot now, so I'm hoping that doesn't get scarfed too heavily by the family so I can have a lot of leftovers. :)

All you can do is your best, and try to eat as well as you can for both you and your growing baby. Don't beat yourself up over your weight gain, though, especially because it's already done. Just try to implement some better strategies. That's all you can do. :)

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8