What does it feel like when your water breaks?

iVillage Member
What does it feel like when your water breaks?
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 10:22am

During her pregnancy, baby-carrying Jessica Simpson declared that when her water breaks “it will be like a fire hydrant!” (Hilarious visual ensues.) The reason for the flood gates? As she explained to Jimmy Kimmel, her unborn baby girl was apparently swimming in a whole lot of amniotic fluid. So does a lot of liquid equal a crazy water rush? Not always. 

Jessica Simpson Thinks Her Water Breaking "Will Be Like a Fire Hydrant." What Was It Like for You?- http://www.ivillage.com/pregnant-jessica-simpson-her-water-breaking/6-a-437095

BTDT ladies- what did it feel like when your water broke?  Was it a slow leak? Trickle? Huge gush? Share your experience with us! 

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 3:52pm
It feels gross! LOL! Mine has never broke before the pushing stage except once when the doctor broke it to induce labor (I don't recommend that, it made labor hurt way worse). But it feels like a gross gush of water that you can't control. Ugh, looking forward to that ha ha!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 4:32pm
I honestly don't really remember. I think it was a gush for me, but mine was also broken for me at the hospital. I was floating at like 9 and 3/4 cm and we hoped it would be the thing to push me over to 10. It didn't make labor hurt worse for me, but that may have something to do with how far along I was.
Photobucket
iVillage Member

With my first I had my water broke and it wasn't exactly a 'gush'. It was like I wet myself and then it continued to trickly. I was up and moving around after my water was broken so I could constantly feel water coming out. With my second, it broke when I had a contraction and it felt the same as when the doctor broke it.