19 week appointment... Placenta Previa :'(

iVillage Member
19 week appointment... Placenta Previa :'(
Thu, 03-29-2012 - 10:35am

So I had my appointment this morning. Everything was great until the doctor said I had placenta previa. I knew at the ultrasound they told me the placenta was really low and covering the cervix, but I didn't think much about it, since I had that with my 1st pregnancy and they told me not to worry about it and it moved up a few weeks later.

Today though, the doctor said that this time the chances of the placenta moving up and away from the cervix are much lower, so at this time I should be aware that I might have to have a C-section. Apparently with the first one it wasn't quite covering the cervix, which is why it wasn't a big deal. Crap. I don't want a C-section :womansad: I had my daughter all natural, I am terrified of epidural. Crap. Crap. Crap.

He also said that because of the placenta previa I should avoid intercourse. Funny, since I haven't had sex since I was like 5 weeks pregnant and I was just starting to bring myself to consider it. Hehe, husband will not be happy. 5 more months of no hanky panky. :womanlol:

Oh, they will check in about 4 weeks to see if it moved up, but the doctor said to not get my hopes up.

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member

So sorry to hear that!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member

I'll be hoping that it moves up just enough to put you in the clear. Our bodies are more capable of doing things than doctors sometimes think they can, so, keep a happy thought. You never know what can happen. Big hugs to you!

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Bummer!!! I'm with you, terrified of the epidurial. Keep us posted if it moves up.
Photobucket
iVillage Member

Sorry to hear about the Placenta Previa.

Photobucket
iVillage Member

Oh no!

Photobucket